Noah's future

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Noah's future

Post by Quietduck »

Alright, how do you think Noah S. being in Oregon's training system will change him by this spring? The kid is a monster in his power at 270 and doesn't seem to lack in the quicks or in speed. So where do you see him improving on the physical side? Does he drop below 250 or just lean up? Can he gain a step? You have to believe that the strength program can do more for him than is high schools could.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Noah's future

Post by pezsez1 »

Just hope his knee is ok.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Any reports? I'm trying to stay positive until proven depressed.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I think he’s going to be around 255 and be a kickass LB who will get some play on O.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

A most unfortunate thread title in light of the recent injury. Thankfully, it sounds like just a bruise.
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

“Physical Prowess Award

This award is given to the best-looking prospect on the hoof, the guy who looks like he could play in college or even the NFL right now. There were actually several worthy candidates but the award goes to Sewell. At his size, the five-star Oregon signee would already been on the larger end when compared to current college linebackers. He flies around the field and has an engaging personality off of it, making him a popular man among his teammates all week. He should see the field early and often with the Ducks.

Honorable mention: Justin Flowe obviously fits the bill here as well. Stanford offensive line signee Levi Rogers is also a very physically impressive prospect along the lines over other high-profile Cardinal signees in recent years.”
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

DuckDuckJuice wrote:“Physical Prowess Award

This award is given to the best-looking prospect on the hoof, the guy who looks like he could play in college or even the NFL right now. There were actually several worthy candidates but the award goes to Sewell. At his size, the five-star Oregon signee would already been on the larger end when compared to current college linebackers. He flies around the field and has an engaging personality off of it, making him a popular man among his teammates all week. He should see the field early and often with the Ducks.

Honorable mention: Justin Flowe obviously fits the bill here as well. Stanford offensive line signee Levi Rogers is also a very physically impressive prospect along the lines over other high-profile Cardinal signees in recent years.”
Four of the Rivals awards went to Oregon signees:

https://n.rivals.com/news/polynesian-bo ... ack-awards
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

His dad said in an interview that he would lean out a bit when he started the schools nutrition program.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

250-260, and I hope he plays zero O. He got nicked up playing in a game that means nothing, I don't want him getting hurt going for a yard on 4th and.
kingk1
One Star Recruit

Post by kingk1 »

He got hurt playing defense in that game.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

kingk1 wrote:He got hurt playing defense in that game.

I get that. But big backs at the D1 level, who are stars on D, will have cheap shots at their knees. UW took cheap shots at his brother, and it cost him half a year. Point is, enough people will be trying to hurt him, why give them free shots on O? That's why we recruited guys like Benson, so he can take those hits.
kingk1
One Star Recruit

Post by kingk1 »

good point. But I think ISM, Flowe, and Sewell have a 3 man rotation at the 2 ILB spots and that leaves Sewell open to take a few snaps a game at RB without over working him.
laxattack22
One Star Recruit

Post by laxattack22 »

Noah's knee is fine according to his Dad and Nemec's reporting:
https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... scare.html
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

kingk1 wrote:good point. But I think ISM, Flowe, and Sewell have a 3 man rotation at the 2 ILB spots and that leaves Sewell open to take a few snaps a game at RB without over working him.
How did MJ Cunningham do this year? I thought he'd be in the conversation for more playing time this coming here. Does this also mean Mase Funa will be playing OLB/DE for the rest of his career here? i thought his natural position was at ILB.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ducks5ever wrote:
kingk1 wrote:good point. But I think ISM, Flowe, and Sewell have a 3 man rotation at the 2 ILB spots and that leaves Sewell open to take a few snaps a game at RB without over working him.
How did MJ Cunningham do this year? I thought he'd be in the conversation for more playing time this coming here. Does this also mean Mase Funa will be playing OLB/DE for the rest of his career here? i thought his natural position was at ILB.
He filled in at ILB at times but was mainly a ST player.