When Marcus hangs up his cleats

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

When Marcus hangs up his cleats

Post by woundedknees »

the Ducks could do far worse than hiring him for some level int the AD... Director of Player Personnel, QB analyst/Whisperer, create a new position: Player Deportment Administrator.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gogreen55
Senior

Re: When Marcus hangs up his cleats

Post by gogreen55 »

When the time comes, he would probably rather relax in Hawaii with his millions.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Thumbs up.
The man is intelligent and as classy and moral a person as this school has been blessed with.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gogreen55 wrote:When the time comes, he would probably rather relax in Hawaii with his millions.
I think he loves football and the community aspect too much to not get involved somehow. Especially in Oregon or Hawaii.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

It feels like he just left school (we've only been through one other QB cycle + a Vernon Adams year). Is it already the curtain for him?
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

I think he could do a good job as a QB Coach.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

shoparound wrote:It feels like he just left school (we've only been through one other QB cycle + a Vernon Adams year). Is it already the curtain for him?
I don't think I'm wrong in saying his college experience was better than his pro experience. I think he would love coming back to UO in some capacity and money wouldn't be an issue. Opinion
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

It doesn't seem like he likes being in the limelight too much. I think he goes back to Hawaii and maybe coaches at his alma mater. Can't see him going to Oregon.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:When the time comes, he would probably rather relax in Hawaii with his millions.
I think he loves football and the community aspect too much to not get involved somehow. Especially in Oregon or Hawaii.
aQB coach at U Hawai'i or coach at his old HS would make a ton of sense to me
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Phenom wrote:It doesn't seem like he likes being in the limelight too much. I think he goes back to Hawaii and maybe coaches at his alma mater. Can't see him going to Oregon.
His alma mater WAS Oregon. :lol:
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I don't see him as an assistant college coach. When you have 10s of millions in the bank, recruiting with the travel and daily ass kissing of teenagers and their parents just doesn't seem all that fun.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GrandpaDuck wrote:I don't see him as an assistant college coach. When you have 10s of millions in the bank, recruiting with the travel and daily ass kissing of teenagers and their parents just doesn't seem all that fun.
It definitely isn't typical, but just depends on the person. Antonio Pierce is a college coach. Jim Harbaugh. DeMarco Murray. Joe Salave'a. Guys who made money in the league do exist amongst the college ranks.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Phalanx wrote:
Phenom wrote:It doesn't seem like he likes being in the limelight too much. I think he goes back to Hawaii and maybe coaches at his alma mater. Can't see him going to Oregon.
High School
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:
I think he was talking about his High School... :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine