Joe Moorhead officially hired

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck541
Four Star Recruit

Re: Joe Moorhead officially hired

Post by duck541 »

For anyone who wants to listen to Moorhead talk football: https://www.supertalk.fm/how-giraffes-g ... ve-scheme/

And more info on his philosophy here: https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... philosophy
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Moorhead set to make $900k/yr. Contract is 2 years.

I was thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $600k considering I would imagine this offsets his MSU pay. That part seems odd. That aside, he makes about $50k more than Arroyo was set to make, which seems entirely fair, if not a bargain.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

StevensTechU wrote:Moorhead set to make $900k/yr. Contract is 2 years.

I was thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $600k considering I would imagine this offsets his MSU pay. That part seems odd. That aside, he makes about $50k more than Arroyo was set to make, which seems entirely fair, if not a bargain.

I wonder if some of it also has to be pay up to get him.. With all the cord jobs out there
pro and college he was i'm sure on the radar for several jobs.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Why would the unviersity get to pocket the savings rather than him getting to dohble-dip? If I'm him there's no way I come in and get paid less than Arroyo. I get the extra money, not my employer.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Tray Dub wrote:Why would the unviersity get to pocket the savings rather than him getting to dohble-dip? If I'm him there's no way I come in and get paid less than Arroyo. I get the extra money, not my employer.
Because usually the language from the contract that has been bought out stipulates that the university pays $X amount less any wages earned from another coaching position. In other words, it disallows double-dipping. I don't recall what Willie is making at FAU off-hand, but it's pennies because it basically is just money that he then won't get from FSU.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Why would the unviersity get to pocket the savings rather than him getting to dohble-dip? If I'm him there's no way I come in and get paid less than Arroyo. I get the extra money, not my employer.
Because usually the language from the contract that has been bought out stipulates that the university pays $X amount less any wages earned from another coaching position. In other words, it disallows double-dipping. I don't recall what Willie is making at FAU off-hand, but it's pennies because it basically is just money that he then won't get from FSU.
Out of curiosity, does it differ if fired vs leaves of own accord?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I happy to have him aboard, with luck I am as happy with him as I am with Avalos after his first season. I hope the O gets the new playbook right away? Any answers on the playbook?
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

ncduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Yes. You can’t quit and get paid your full salary.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

The offense won’t ever be as prolific as the CK days, CMC won’t allow for that kind of pace. Not great for the defense. Doesn’t mean we can’t have a great offense, though.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
ncduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Duh! Where’s my brain ?
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Phenom wrote:The offense won’t ever be as prolific as the CK days, CMC won’t allow for that kind of pace. Not great for the defense. Doesn’t mean we can’t have a great offense, though.

No but maybe we could put up 40-42 points a game though(still a far cry from 2010-2014 teams which put up nearly 50 points a game). If we were able to put up 40-42 points a game this season , I think we would have won it all as our Offense wouldnt come up short against Auburn and Arizona St and we would have a shot at beating LSU too given how weak their defense is and how strong our defense is. The score would be like 38-35 in favor of the winner with the team who has the ball last winning IMO.

Now that is still a big jump to make as we only averaged 35 this season(and would be lower if you take out the 77 point performance against Southern Utah) but it is a jump I think we will need to make
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

ncduck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
ncduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Duh! Where’s my brain ?
Haha! No worries. 15 - 20 years ago there was a company that desperately wanted their retired CEO to come back (I can’t remember the details of which company it was). The CEO kept telling them he wasn’t interested so they kept upping the offer. Eventually they gave him a multi-million dollar contract which was guaranteed regardless of circumstances of his departure. The CEO accepted the offer and quit after 30 days, and got the full amount. So, it’s has happened before.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon has officially announced Joe Moorhead as the Ducks' new OC. No confirmation in the press release if he'll be the QB coach also, but it's assumed he will since he's had that job title at every other stop he's been OC.
His twitter bio says "OC/QB Coach - University of Oregon - ScoDucks"