Joe Moorhead officially hired

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Joe Moorhead officially hired

Post by GrantDuck »

I'm also still baffled by the "Chip's offense hurt the defense" crowd because our defense was really good/efficient in the last few years with Chip.

Helfrich's defenses were terrible, but that shouldn't obscure that Chip/Alliotti/Azz combo had really solid defenses.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrantDuck wrote:I'm also still baffled by the "Chip's offense hurt the defense" crowd because our defense was really good/efficient in the last few years with Chip.

Helfrich's defenses were terrible, but that shouldn't obscure that Chip/Alliotti/Azz combo had really solid defenses.

I agree under Chip our was really good. Only maybe they were on field to much as the offense scored quick.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

duckfan22 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:I'm also still baffled by the "Chip's offense hurt the defense" crowd because our defense was really good/efficient in the last few years with Chip.

I agree under Chip our was really good. Only maybe they were on field to much as the offense scored quick.

5/7 losses in the Chip Era happened due to a bad offensive performances and was not on our defense. Almost all the other losses happened due to our offense, especially our running game being completely stifled by physical defenses and our offensive line being completely overwhelmed by much bigger O-Line's by our opponents as well. 2009 Stanford and 2011 USC I agree were lost by our defense but other than that our defense actually did even good, even 2011 LSU where we held them I believe under 300 yards and it was our costly turnovers which cost us big in that game.

Against Auburn, we held one of the best offensives in the country and a team that was led by a player who had one of the greatest individual season performances in the BCS era to only 22 points(and 2 of them came from a safety) . LaMicheal James having the worst game of his career in Oregon cost us big that game along with the refs but if you want to put blame on one side of the Oregon field it was clearly our offense, as our defense performed amazingly.