Andrew Nemec is unbearable

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Andrew Nemec is unbearable

Post by justducky0 »

How does this guy have a platform? He is an asshole to fans. He has a vendetta against Oregon. Not to mention his downright unprofessional attacks on Arroyo

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Andrew Nemec is unbearable

Post by StevensTechU »

"Unprofessional" is effectively what The Oregonian/Oregonlive became in order to generate more clicks to keep the doors open in the early 2000s. I'm just old enough to remember that Pulitzer Prize-winning journalism at The Oregonian was once a legitimate thing. Those days are gone. Now we have guys like Andrew Nemec, who didn't so much as play high school football to the best of my knowledge, nor has ever coached or been more than a virtual water cooler guy, not just covering football (which would be fine) but telling us what we should think.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

He is absolute trash and I am surprised that they still employ him. His tweets during Oregon games / personal attacks at fans and coaches should have been grounds for dismissal.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Moseley’s practice reports are pretty useless but I love how he goes after dudes on Twitter.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:"Unprofessional" is effectively what The Oregonian/Oregonlive became in order to generate more clicks to keep the doors open in the early 2000s. I'm just old enough to remember that Pulitzer Prize-winning journalism at The Oregonian was once a legitimate thing. Those days are gone. Now we have guys like Andrew Nemec, who didn't so much as play high school football to the best of my knowledge, nor has ever coached or been more than a virtual water cooler guy, not just covering football (which would be fine) but telling us what we should think.
Every time someone questions his football knowledge/takes, he always throws out that his dad was a football coach and that gives him the requisite football analysis skills. To me, that's not a very good background to basing your takes on.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

HAHA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Phenom wrote:Moseley’s practice reports are pretty useless but I love how he goes after dudes on Twitter.
I've learned to just take Moseley's reports as a list of observations, organized into a pseudo-story form. And I think that's exactly what he means them to be. He's not "analyzing" anything, just saying "This guy caught a long pass from this guy.... this guy had an interception...etc." Honestly, it's sort of refreshing in an era where Canzano/Fentress/Nemec give only "analysis" (opinion) and zero neutral observations.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Rob is a really reasonable dude but he doesn't suffer fools.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:Moseley’s practice reports are pretty useless but I love how he goes after dudes on Twitter.
Not exactly sure what you want out of practice reports, especially from someone who admits he's more a journalist than a football analyst and it's really just him and one other person observing all that goes on during practice.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

For sure, y'all have to remember that Rob works for Oregon now so he has a different set of priorities than when he wrote for the RG.
Frentress & Nemec are in the same category. Both of them are assholes to the public and somehow have jobs for news orgs. I can tell you that Bri Amaranthus had in her short time far out performed Fentress at NBC NW so he had to make a name for himself as a shock jock. I also know that privately she hated him.

Canzano is a little bit different to me, when he does his investigative journalism (like his reporting on the Pac12) his work is actually really good and I see his skill. His opinion pieces though are not as great but i see his actual skill as a journalist.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Did I miss something? Where I the Pig comment coming from?
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

ncduck wrote:Did I miss something? Where I the Pig comment coming from?
I think he was referring to his own comment about stepping into the mud with him.
quack1994pdx
High School Drop Out

Post by quack1994pdx »

StevensTechU wrote:"Unprofessional" is effectively what The Oregonian/Oregonlive became in order to generate more clicks to keep the doors open in the early 2000s. I'm just old enough to remember that Pulitzer Prize-winning journalism at The Oregonian was once a legitimate thing. Those days are gone. Now we have guys like Andrew Nemec, who didn't so much as play high school football to the best of my knowledge, nor has ever coached or been more than a virtual water cooler guy, not just covering football (which would be fine) but telling us what we should think.
Only a couple of the recruiting guys have ever played football. Nemec, Prehm, Hopkins, none of them have ever played.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

This is exactly why I can't take their analysis seriously. They are fans and NOT experts. They just fill a void of nothing. I listen to Hythloday. He is fantastic. Everyone on here should listen to his breakdown of tape.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Since Mosely left the Register Guard he has become a mouthpiece for Oregon. He pumps up people the coaches or athletic department want. Few years ago he was pumping up the qbs after Mariota. I can not even think of his name but he could not even complete a pass down field. Anytime I read his reports have to keep in mind it is not analysis, it is what the coaches or athletic department want the readers to see. Is no objectivity from him.