Throckmorton in the Senior Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

laxattack22
One Star Recruit

Post by laxattack22 »

I didn’t realize Throckmorton was a senior bowl participant. I read had read somewhere that he and Troy Dye decided not to participate. Then, on game day, Throckmorton and Herbert were both on the South team. During the first quarter Throckmorton and Herbert both looked good. When Herbert left the game after the first quarter Throckmorton continued to play the rest of the game. He spent time at center, right tackle, left tackle, and one if not both guard positions. What I could not understand was how bad he looked at at the tackle positions after the first quarter. He was beat very badly at times. Even the announcers commented on it. Jalen Hurts got creamed a couple of times on missed Throckmorton blocks. Does anyone know If Throck got hurt and couldn’t perform? - - or if moving him to other line positions really exposed weaknesses? (Although at least twice at OT he got killed.... by the Syracuse DE on a bull rush and by the Utah DE on a swim move). Or if he was a late addition to the game and was not in game-shape? Any ideas? - - Or is he just not as good as I thought he was?....
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

He’s not a LT at the next level, he’s a guard bc short arms. That performance won’t hurt him at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Re: Throckmorton in the Senior Bowl

Post by Duck07 »

From what I read he came straight from one game (north south?) To the Sr Bowl. he also didn't have a great week in the 1v1 reps