McShay has Herbert #13 in Mock Draft

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

McShay has Herbert #13 in Mock Draft

Post by Merganzer »

Earlier, like most Mock Drafts, McShay had Herbert @ 6 to the Chargers. In "McShay's Mock Draft 2.O, he has him going to the Colts at 13.
McShay: "I'm struggling with this one. He had a great week in Mobile, Al. at the Senior Bowl. He really did. Throughout the week he became, I won't say more of a leader, but guys started following him...there were 2 minute drills where he just stepped up and made all the throws that you would want to see from a quarterback. He's an introvert. He's a different cat, and he's not exactly what you're used to seeing from a Drew Brees, or the Manning's or a Brady or any of those guy's; and so the process of interviewing is going to be huge for him cuz he's big, he's mobile, he's got a huge arm. But he never carried Oregon and was that because Mario Cristobal wanted to run the football, being the old offensive lineman that he was, or is it because he just wasn't capable of it? And I think that's the big question that teams are going to look for.
But, those teams that are picking, 5, 6, 7, Dolphins, Chargers, Panthers; there's a really good chance he ends up going in the top 10. I just, based off the tape, and experience, spending time. I just can't give him a top 10 grade".
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: McShay has Herbert #13 in Mock Draft

Post by Tray Dub »

I think that's fair. Herbert's future is a huge question mark to me. I do think he'd have a better chance in Indy than with the Chargers, but I doubt he'll fall that far.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

As a Chargers fan, I'm conflicted on Herbert. I've seen him fail too many times...
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Arroyo was the problem, I won't be surprised if Herbert has a more successful NFL career if he is lucky enough to land on a team with a good coach and OC.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Arroyo was the problem, I won't be surprised if Herbert has a more successful NFL career if he is lucky enough to land on a team with a good coach and OC and receivers.

fixed
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Arroyo was the problem, I won't be surprised if Herbert has a more successful NFL career if he is lucky enough to land on a team with a good coach and OC.
He was the reason Herbert was 124 out of 127 of QBs under pressure?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Arroyo was the problem, I won't be surprised if Herbert has a more successful NFL career if he is lucky enough to land on a team with a good coach and OC.
Herbert never learned to throw the ball away. Hopefully that's something he does learn in the NFL.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phenom wrote:
Sounds like Herbert may not have had a very good QB coach for a stat like that.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Phenom wrote:As a Chargers fan, I'm conflicted on Herbert. I've seen him fail too many times...
He failed so many times, that he is the Rose Bowl Champion QB, on one of the greatest Oregon teams of all time. Big failure. You are conflicted. Never was an Arroyo fan (not a conviction), but with better coaching (not like Arroyo got the head job at Bama), Herbert has a chance to be very productive in the league for years, and hopefully many starter years.

If sarcasm was involved, my apologies.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I just hope that Justin ends up in a good situation with a good coach and a relatively stable organization.

I've seen what happens to QB's like Marcus and Joey when the NFL doesn't provide them with any continuity.

I think Justin's main issue as a QB is throwing with anticipation. That's going to get you killed in the NFL in terms of INT's that weren't in college. I don't think he'll ever be a top 10 NFL QB. That said, he can absolute be better than Josh Allen.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

If he falls I hope he falls to the Patriots. The coach there could work wonders with him. And learning from Brady couldn’t hurt
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Everythingsducky wrote:
Phenom wrote:As a Chargers fan, I'm conflicted on Herbert. I've seen him fail too many times...
He failed so many times, that he is the Rose Bowl Champion QB, on one of the greatest Oregon teams of all time. Big failure. You are conflicted. Never was an Arroyo fan (not a conviction), but with better coaching (not like Arroyo got the head job at Bama), Herbert has a chance to be very productive in the league for years, and hopefully many starter years.

If sarcasm was involved, my apologies.
lol of course he's got a chance. He's got all of the tools that you could want. There is just something off.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

To this day people still don't understand how bad of a QB COACH and OC. Arroyo was
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

as a colts fan I wouldn't be that against Herbert, colts finally have good offense for once and better defense then usual. Chargers would be a decent spot also I think since they have a pretty good defense, and good offense weapons like Allen.