Donte Williams to USC

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Donte Williams to USC

Post by greenyellow »

Not sure how to take Dontae Manning's latest tweet since it's likely about Coach Donte's departure. Hopefully he's not thinking of asking for his release.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

greenyellow wrote:Williams has written a goodbye note to the program and confirms that it was his father's failing health that is leading him back home to LA.
Can't really say I'm a fan of the last sentence of this tweet. It feels wrong. Make it a separate tweet.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

bellsduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Williams has written a goodbye note to the program and confirms that it was his father's failing health that is leading him back home to LA.
Can't really say I'm a fan of the last sentence of this tweet. It feels wrong. Make it a separate tweet.
100% agree
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

I’m firmly in the “Mario’s got this covered” camp. It’ll be OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

"Not your steppin' stone!"

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Any possible transfers due to this?
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

From a USC site, tough to compete with that kind of money.

I’m hearing USC is giving new cornerbacks coach Donte Williams a three-year deal worth approximately $900,000 per year. That doubles his $450,000 salary at Oregon.

Hope they don't go after Big Joe again.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

maxduck wrote:From a USC site, tough to compete with that kind of money.

I’m hearing USC is giving new cornerbacks coach Donte Williams a three-year deal worth approximately $900,000 per year. That doubles his $450,000 salary at Oregon.

I would hope Big Joe would be on a different level for the Ducks, as far as priority in keeping him, money wise. Does anyone know his current salary?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Okay, a quick google, according to 247 big Joe’s 2020 base is $650k but again I hope The Ducks will match any offers that come in...our next DC?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:Okay, a quick google, according to 247 big Joe’s 2020 base is $650k but again I hope The Ducks will match any offers that come in...our next DC?
can you clarify? Are you asking if Joe will be the next DC?

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lmduck wrote:
Alan wrote:Okay, a quick google, according to 247 big Joe’s 2020 base is $650k but again I hope The Ducks will match any offers that come in...our next DC?
can you clarify? Are you asking if Joe will be the next DC?

No, I am just saying I want the Ducks to,do what is necessary to hang on to home if something comes knocking. Could he be a DC? Who knows? Cristabol does.....
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

They are just so desperate for help in recruiting that they severely overpayed for Williams.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

greenyellow wrote:

They are just so desperate for help in recruiting that they severely overpayed for Williams.
It's a weird move. If they make an outside hire (Meyer, Petersen) to replace Helton, there's a good chance they'd want to bring in their own coaches. They aren't necessarily committing to Helton, but they are definitely making a commitment to this staff. 900k/3years is a lot of money for a DB coach. And they just spent a bunch of money on Orlando. There are some USC fans on reddit saying that they are building this staff in anticipation of Harrell taking over for Helton--but if that's the case, why not make the move now? To save a few bucks? Doubling Williams salary indicates a willingness to spend. The USC situation is still a mess.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

According to JHop, it had nothing to do with money. In fact, if you count cost of living in LA vs. Eugene, he might have taken a paycut. Oregon offered him a raise and more and his family situation wouldn't allow it. Donte's dad is in a hospice in LA and his wife is expecting a child and wants to be close to family in SoCal, especially since Donte is gone so much for recruiting. I thank him for his effort and recruiting and wish the best for him and his family personally, but I hope we kick his ass every single game .

Also, in Mario we trust. This is from QB11. He's literally upgraded a departing coach EVERY single time.
"Under CMC as HC
OC: Arroyo>Moorhead
DC: Leavitt>Avalos
RB:Pimp>Mastro
WR:Johnson> Bo
OL: Mirabal
ST: Woody>Williams
CB: Clark>Donte>???
S: Heyward
DL: Joe
LB:Woody>Dennison>Wilson
Rec: Kelly>Fields>Sanders
S&C: Oderine>Feld
We have upgraded every single time including with Bo even though he's not that great."
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Funny enough, I'd be totally content with bringing Clark back. He's now at Memphis after the Ole Miss job didn't work out, so I'm sure we could afford him. Clark did solid jobs at Colorado and Oregon.