WR Coach Bouknight Out

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: WR Coach Bouknight Out

Post by GoDucksTroll »

karlhungis wrote:
Phenom wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:If we're going by twitter follows it looks like Brennan Marion is the guy. A bunch of guys Oregon is recruiting for 2021 and 2022 have followed him over the past few days. Maybe some of them heard something this weekend.

Would be kind of a meh hire, he doesn't have too much experience. But identifying rising young assistants is a part of the game. Maybe he'll be hungry and work his ass off. Both Mike London and Todd Graham liked him enough to give him chances. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing or not.

A big name would be nice, but I'd just like someone who can recruit and close on some of these great WRs.
Moorhead supposedly like Marion. Like you mentioned, I hope he can recruit if he's the guy but I would like a more proven entity. Bouknight proved not to be the recruiter people thought he would be.
Can't say I was a fan of Moorehead's last WR coach.
Haha, I had to look up who that was and got a laugh. For the curious: none other than our former WR coach Michael Johnson.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

The Rona has kind of halted everything on this. Marion seemed like a sure bet, but he’s still in Hawaii. Did some research and he was the OC at Howard when they went to UNLV and won as a 45 point underdog. Cam Newton’s lil bro was the QB for Howard. I’ve warmed up to the hire seeing him be exciting on twitter. Young and hungry.

I also have to wonder if we’d promote someone on staff. GA Jonathan Krause was the one running WR practice. Nate Costa is an analyst on staff and has worked for Chip as well as being on the staff at IMG.

Still, curious what the hold up is. Need for in person interviews? Waiting out the Rona? Can’t really wait too long to hire a WR coach when there are recruits waiting. Pretty easy for other staffs to point out we don’t have a WR coach.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I hope we dont promote from within. Most of the candidates would have been here when our receivers were horrific.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Not getting an official hire anytime soon, due to the hiring freeze: https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... virus.html

They said they’re still looking at WR coaches and a recruiting director. Makes me think Cooper Petagna won’t be giving the head recruiting job, and they hired another recruiting assistant that was at UW. I would love to see Ryan Bartow come back, he went to Syracuse but he was money here. Not sure why they parted ways.