Your favorite Oregon football moment of all time?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Your favorite Oregon football moment of all time?

Post by QuackininBama »

Without a doubt, Oregon-Florida State.

The Florida State fans posted HUNDREDS of posts on how bad they were going to blow us out, and the media was calling us SOFT and unable to match the size and strength of Florida State. To this day, every three months I watch the entire second half of that game and its just as exciting as the day it happened!!!!

I still jump up screaming and pumping my fist during the Tony Washington "scoop and score" like its the first time I ever saw it!!!

P.S. I still think if we had Carrington during the naty, we win that game. I still remember Mariota dropping back time after time after time with NO ONE to throw to. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't we lose nearly every single starting receiver by the time we played Ohio State? Regardless, it was brutal to watch.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

QuackininBama wrote:Without a doubt, Oregon-Florida State.

The Florida State fans posted HUNDREDS of posts on how bad they were going to blow us out, and the media was calling us SOFT and unable to match the size and strength of Florida State. To this day, every three months I watch the entire second half of that game and its just as exciting as the day it happened!!!!

I still jump up screaming and pumping my fist during the Tony Washington "scoop and score" like its the first time I ever saw it!!!

P.S. I still think if we had Carrington during the naty, we win that game. I still remember Mariota dropping back time after time after time with NO ONE to throw to. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't we lose nearly every single starting receiver by the time we played Ohio State? Regardless, it was brutal to watch.
We still had Charles Nelson and Dwayne Stanford but they had brutal drops. The entire team let Mariota down big time. Early in the game, with Oregon up 7-0, they had the ball, marching down the field, looking like it was gonna be 14-0. On 3rd and 3 around midfield, Mariota hit Nelson over the middle for about a 7 yard gain and easy first down except Nelson dropped it and Oregon proceeded to punt it. If Nelson doesn't drop that, I believe Oregon goes on to score, take a 14-0 lead, and the rest of the game unfolds completely differently as Oregon has tons of momentum and OSU wouldn't be able to pound the ball with Zeke against Oregon's inept LB's.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Biggest Single moment:

Masoli trucking the OSU safety on fourth down to effectively end a fantastic Civil War game for the right to go to the Rose bowl.

5 Other plays that just jump into my mind:

JJ's "OH NOOOOO" juggling dagger right into the heart of the Beaver's Rose Bowl Bouquet.

Blount scoring the game winning TD against OkSU by hurdling one guy, breaking a two man tackle then dragging two more into the endzone.

LMJ reverse field and weaving td run against Tennessee

Marcus scramble underhand pitch during the MSU game.

DAT turning a WSU DB into a marionette.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Home game...Marcus pass against MSU
Away game lmj run against Tennessee....the playing of rocky top slowed down after that
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckfan96 wrote:Home game...Marcus pass against MSU
Away game lmj run against Tennessee....the playing of rocky top slowed down after that
I personally liked the Cliff Harris pick six more only cause that seemed to ice the game. Tennessee gave up after that. I was at that game, fun one! That lighting storm was something else too.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Joe Walker's pick up of Utah's Kaelin Clay's drop is a Classic. If Clay had scored it was likely game over for the Utes.
pairadux
One Star Recruit

Post by pairadux »

Forgot about the Joe Walker play vs. Utah. I was at that one, and we were all celebrating, but not sure if it was legit and we should really celebrate. Then we saw it on the scoreboard and went nuts. Also vs. Utah during that 4-8 $h!t storm of a season, we did the same thing with Carrington's catch - celebrated the replay and held our collective breathes. Those two plays have made the 8 hour drive back to Colorado worthwhile.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Wasn't Pat Johnson the first Oregon player to receive an excessive celebration penalty, for somersaulting into the end zone at Autzen on a TD reception?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Was at the Tennessee game too...and that lightning show was pretty cool.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Biggest Single moment:

Masoli trucking the OSU safety on fourth down to effectively end a fantastic Civil War game for the right to go to the Rose bowl.

5 Other plays that just jump into my mind:

JJ's "OH NOOOOO" juggling dagger right into the heart of the Beaver's Rose Bowl Bouquet.

Blount scoring the game winning TD against OkSU by hurdling one guy, breaking a two man tackle then dragging two more into the endzone.

LMJ reverse field and weaving td run against Tennessee

Marcus scramble underhand pitch during the MSU game.

DAT turning a WSU DB into a marionette.
Good list. Masoli completely running over an Oklahoma State safety for a touchdown in the Holiday Bowl is something I always remember as well.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

I have a few of the same as GrandpaDuck. In person seeing the ducks beat Michigan and Oklahoma after growing up seeing those teams stomp on us for years.
Sitting in the end zone watching DAT running towards us against WSU is probably my favorite moment watching the ducks play.
Destroying FSU in the bowl and making Jaimus look so bad has to be my favorite game, that I wish I could have attended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anatinae
One Star Recruit

Post by Anatinae »

Keenan Howry's punt return for TD in the Civil War. And then the skies just opened up and the crowd went nuts.