Future Oregon Football Opponents I wanna see

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Future Oregon Football Opponents I wanna see

Post by DuckzRule »

As we know, Oregon has scheduled all of it's Power 5 opponents up until 2030, which include Ohio State, Georgia, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Michigan State, and I'm completely aware Oregon won't schedule new opponents until some years pass (most likely 2021 to 2023), I will tell all opponents I want to see from each Power 5 conference.

I'm gonna be honest, the opponent I want the most is some ACC or SEC opponent considering Pac 12 vs ACC/SEC matchups are extremely rare, from the SEC, I honestly want Ole Miss, South Carolina and Florida, with Florida being the possible best matchup considering their nearly equal records last season, albeit I think Oregon vs Ole Miss/Oregon vs South Carolina would be fun matchups (as long as both teams get better by the 2030's), I have decided to discard Alabama as they have all of their opponents scheduled up until 2035, and I bet Oregon won't schedule them for being difficult opponents, so it's better seeing an Oregon vs Alabama matchup in the College Football Playoff by when Oregon becomes on Ohio State's level, but SEC opponents schedule opponents in advance so I sadly think Oregon won't schedule a SEC opponent anytime soon

As for the ACC, I would like to see Virginia Tech and Miami (FL), as both are probably gonna turn better as time goes on, also I wanna see Puddles confusing Sebastian the Ibis for being his twin brother, but joking aside, Virginia Tech could also provide a small challenge for the Ducks but they have opponents schedule for up to 2037, Clemson, the best team in the ACC, also has all of it's Power 5 opponents selected until 2037 so I think we will have to wait a little bit longer, but I truly believe Oregon and Clemson are equally as good considering the ACC is probably worse than the Pac-12, so I believe Oregon could schedule them, but Oregon vs Miami would have the best chance of happening considering Miami hasn't scheduled opponents from 2029 onwards

And now for the other 2 Power Five opponents.

For the Big Ten, I believe Oregon should have pretty awesome games against Iowa, Minnesota, Penn State and Michigan, with Penn State vs Oregon being a pretty close matchup, but Oregon vs Iowa/Michigan/Minnesota would be pretty fun games, especially Minnesota being almost on Wisconsin's level, so a similar matchup to the 2020 Rose Bowl could be pretty interesting, I believe Minnesota has the closest chance of being scheduled, as Iowa always face Iowa State as it's P5 opponent and Penn State and Michigan wouldn't probably schedule UO

And finally for the Big 12, I really wish Oregon schedules Oklahoma and Iowa State, but especially Oklahoma to see Oregon facing an almost anual College Football Playoff contender to see who goes to the playoffs, but Iowa State also suffers from the same problems as Iowa so I believe Oklahoma will be the only Big 12 opponent Oregon will schedule appart from the 3 opponents they will face (Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas Tech)

So these are some future opponents I wanna see Oregon facing off in a future, which opponents do you wanna see? Leave your opinion below!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Future Oregon Football Opponents I wanna see

Post by buckmarkduck »

DuckzRule wrote:As we know, Oregon has scheduled all of it's Power 5 opponents up until 2030, which include Ohio State, Georgia, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Michigan State, and I'm completely aware Oregon won't schedule new opponents until some years pass (most likely 2021 to 2023), I will tell all opponents I want to see from each Power 5 conference.

I'm gonna be honest, the opponent I want the most is some ACC or SEC opponent considering Pac 12 vs ACC/SEC matchups are extremely rare, from the SEC, I honestly want Ole Miss, South Carolina and Florida, with Florida being the possible best matchup considering their nearly equal records last season, albeit I think Oregon vs Ole Miss/Oregon vs South Carolina would be fun matchups (as long as both teams get better by the 2030's), I have decided to discard Alabama as they have all of their opponents scheduled up until 2035, and I bet Oregon won't schedule them for being difficult opponents, so it's better seeing an Oregon vs Alabama matchup in the College Football Playoff by when Oregon becomes on Ohio State's level, but SEC opponents schedule opponents in advance so I sadly think Oregon won't schedule a SEC opponent anytime soon

As for the ACC, I would like to see Virginia Tech and Miami (FL), as both are probably gonna turn better as time goes on, also I wanna see Puddles confusing Sebastian the Ibis for being his twin brother, but joking aside, Virginia Tech could also provide a small challenge for the Ducks but they have opponents schedule for up to 2037, Clemson, the best team in the ACC, also has all of it's Power 5 opponents selected until 2037 so I think we will have to wait a little bit longer, but I truly believe Oregon and Clemson are equally as good considering the ACC is probably worse than the Pac-12, so I believe Oregon could schedule them, but Oregon vs Miami would have the best chance of happening considering Miami hasn't scheduled opponents from 2029 onwards

For the Big Ten, I believe Oregon should have pretty awesome games against Iowa, Minnesota, Penn State and Michigan, with Penn State vs Oregon being a pretty close matchup, but Oregon vs Iowa/Michigan/Minnesota would be pretty fun games, especially Minnesota being almost on Wisconsin's level, so a similar matchup to the 2020 Rose Bowl could be pretty interesting, I believe Minnesota has the closest chance of being scheduled, as Iowa always face Iowa State as it's P5 opponent and Penn State and Michigan wouldn't probably schedule UO

And finally for the Big 12, I really wish Oregon schedules Oklahoma and Iowa State, but especially Oklahoma to see Oregon facing an almost anual College Football Playoff contender to see who goes to the playoffs, but Iowa State also suffers from the same problems as Iowa so I believe Oklahoma will be the only Big 12 opponent Oregon will schedule appart from the 3 opponents they will face (Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas Tech)

So these are some future opponents I wanna see Oregon facing off in a future, which opponents do you wanna see? Leave your opinion below!

All good suggestions, but none are as good as NDSU. Who would beat all of those teams by 28.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
All good suggestions, but none are as good as NDSU. Who would beat all of those tes by 28.
NDSU by only 28? Are they pulling the starters at halftime? :lol:
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

maxduck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
All good suggestions, but none are as good as NDSU. Who would beat all of those tes by 28.
NDSU by only 28? Are they pulling the starters at halftime? :lol:
They would rush for 400 by halftime, so yeah I’m assuming they’re pulling their starters out if they only win by 28.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

ACC teams never schedule us, just UVA. But I’d love to see Clemson or FSU. Maybe Virginia Tech. Anyone else should be a 2-for-1.

SEC: no one will play us, last 20 years has been Tennessee and Miss St. Neutrals again LSU and UGA in their backyard don’t count. Bring it over here and let’s see that SEC speed.

B1G: they play us. I’d love to see Penn State.

Big-12: Texas or Okie State. Oklahoma are overrated cry babies. Still crying about the last time they were here. We’ve got Baylor and TTU in the future, so I want to see Texas or Okie State.

G5: we have two home games against the Boise truck driving school, same with BYU. But Fresno, SDSU, and Houston should be on the list.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I will throw out Nebraska. It would be a game against former offensive coordinator Frost. Nebraska also travels well. I think Oregon would win but they would be an interesting opponent.

I know Georgia is on the schedule but I suspect they will bail just like they did the last time. I do not see us ever playing them unless it is in a bowl game.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

GoDucksTroll wrote:ACC teams never schedule us, just UVA. But I’d love to see Clemson or FSU. Maybe Virginia Tech. Anyone else should be a 2-for-1.

SEC: no one will play us, last 20 years has been Tennessee and Miss St. Neutrals again LSU and UGA in their backyard don’t count. Bring it over here and let’s see that SEC speed.

B1G: they play us. I’d love to see Penn State.

Big-12: Texas or Okie State. Oklahoma are overrated cry babies. Still crying about the last time they were here. We’ve got Baylor and TTU in the future, so I want to see Texas or Okie State.

G5: we have two home games against the Boise truck driving school, same with BYU. But Fresno, SDSU, and Houston should be on the list.
BYU, Fresno, SDSU, and Houston were regulars for the Ducks during the Brooks and Belotti years. FSU had a Play anyone, anywhere attitude, and came to fight, back then.

Playinging the Ty Detmer BYU team was a highlight of my younger years.

I got sick of having "decent" SEC and B12 programs bail on games a long time ago.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

GoDucksTroll wrote:But Fresno, SDSU, and Houston should be on the list.
So you wanna see Puddles/The Duck punching the cougar once again?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I wanna see Oregon get revenge on BSU.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:As we know, Oregon has scheduled all of it's Power 5 opponents up until 2030, which include Ohio State, Georgia, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Michigan State, and I'm completely aware Oregon won't schedule new opponents until some years pass (most likely 2021 to 2023), I will tell all opponents I want to see from each Power 5 conference.

All good suggestions, but none are as good as NDSU. Who would beat all of those teams by 28.
Lol

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We have pretty good non-conference games lined up for the next decade.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Notre dame
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Also I want Oregon to schedule a kickoff game against Alabama (either in the Advocare Classic or in the Chick Fil A Kickoff Game) or Miami (FL) (in the Camping World Kickoff)
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Apparently SEC vs Pac 12 matchups are turning very common for this decade, in fact Oregon even has a game scheduled against a SEC opponent, which is Georgia, albeit the majority of our non-conference games are against Big 12 opponents, this almost makes me sure our next P5 opponent in the 2030's decade could be a SEC opponent, but I dunno who will it be.

Also Alabama has scheduled a home and home with Arizona, which makes me hopeful that Oregon and Alabama schedule at least a game in some future, maybe in the 2030 and 2031 seasons, but both have P5 opponents for the 2030 season (and also the 2031 season for Alabama), which should mean they both schedule TWO P5 opponents in at least one season, which is very unlikely (albeit in the 2013 season Oregon played against both Tennessee and Virginia), so Oregon would have to play both MSU and Alabama, let's wait...
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

DuckzRule wrote:Apparently SEC vs Pac 12 matchups are turning very common for this decade, in fact Oregon even has a game scheduled against a SEC opponent, which is Georgia, albeit the majority of our non-conference games are against Big 12 opponents, this almost makes me sure our next P5 opponent in the 2030's decade could be a SEC opponent, but I dunno who will it be.

Also Alabama has scheduled a home and home with Arizona, which makes me hopeful that Oregon and Alabama schedule at least a game in some future, maybe in the 2030 and 2031 seasons, but both have P5 opponents for the 2030 season (and also the 2031 season for Alabama), which should mean they both schedule TWO P5 opponents in at least one season, which is very unlikely (albeit in the 2013 season Oregon played against both Tennessee and Virginia), so Oregon would have to play both MSU and Alabama, let's wait...
About like this year against 2 powerhouses - Ohio State ans NDSU