Ohio State @ Oregon - The smallest big game at Autzen ever?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Ohio State @ Oregon - The smallest big game at Autzen ever?

Post by StevensTechU »

I was planning on going to this game. I already have an airbnb locked up, and several friends were planning on flying into Portland to head down together. And now we're all wondering whether a) the game will even happen b) whether there will be fans in the stands c) how many fans will be let in.

For those who had planned to attend, what is your thinking right now? If the game is going to allow fans, are you still going to go?

Go Ducks
lmduck

Re: Ohio State @ Oregon - The smallest big game at Autzen ev

Post by lmduck »

all indications are that it will happen but highly likely that Autzen might only be 1/3 to 1/2 full.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

lmduck wrote:all indications are that it will happen but highly likely that Autzen might only be 1/3 to 1/2 full.
So basically it will look like games when we were cheerin' Norv!!!!
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

Norval Turnover. Those were the days. I think he's been successful in coaching though. Always heard he's a great guy.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Will resale on stubhub be insanely high? Since less tickets available, and people will be sports starved?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

StevensTechU wrote:I was planning on going to this game. I already have an airbnb locked up, and several friends were planning on flying into Portland to head down together. And now we're all wondering whether a) the game will even happen b) whether there will be fans in the stands c) how many fans will be let in.

For those who had planned to attend, what is your thinking right now? If the game is going to allow fans, are you still going to go?

Go Ducks

Same here.

I saw the TOSU game(2nd @ Autzen) as a young kid in 1967. I doubt there were many more than 20-25k at that game. I think Oregon lost 30-0 and it wasn’t even that close.

We tentatively had tickets lined up for the rematch 53 years later, probably will have to pass.

I think Oregon will be a little more competitive this time around if this game happens.
Last edited by rentdodger on Wed May 27, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

How does the AD decide who gets tickets and who doesn’t? This has the potential to be a financial bloodbath for the AD with lots of people cancelling season tickets if they’re not in the 1/3 to 1/2 chosen.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

IF they play a football game I can't see how you don't let fans in the stands. This 6ft stuff defies logic
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:IF they play a football game I can't see how you don't let fans in the stands. This 6ft stuff defies logic
You do let fans in, just not 60,000 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:How does the AD decide who gets tickets and who doesn’t? This has the potential to be a financial bloodbath for the AD with lots of people cancelling season tickets if they’re not in the 1/3 to 1/2 chosen.
Likely by your priority ranking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

rentdodger wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:I was planning on going to this game. I already have an airbnb locked up, and several friends were planning on flying into Portland to head down together. And now we're all wondering whether a) the game will even happen b) whether there will be fans in the stands c) how many fans will be let in.

Go Ducks

Same here.

I saw the TOSU game(2nd @ Autzen) as a young kid in 1967. I doubt there were many more than 20-25k at that game. I think Oregon lost 30-0 and it wasn’t even that close.

We tentatively had tickets lined up for the rematch 53 years later, probably will have to pass.

I think Oregon will be a little more competitive this time around if this game happens.
Good Lord... I was 13 at the time!

Had an invitation to sit with my stepdad's boss in his 3rd row, 35 yard line donor seats.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:How does the AD decide who gets tickets and who doesn’t? This has the potential to be a financial bloodbath for the AD with lots of people cancelling season tickets if they’re not in the 1/3 to 1/2 chosen.
Randomly.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13