2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: 2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I think our D has a season similar to 2019.

Nervous about our offense though.
Defense is primed for a big season but the offense is the biggest question mark, mainly because of the QB position.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I think our D has a season similar to 2019.

Nervous about our offense though.
Defense is primed for a big season but the offense is the biggest question mark, mainly because of the QB position.
I also feel like our running game hasn’t been at the level we got spoiled seeing either.

But naturally QB is most critical. Agreed.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I won't be at all sold on the defense until we show we can stop the run. Outside of USC(who had a poor running game) we were absolutely gashed all last season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

With all of the injuries at RB they said they were giving more reps to other guys who played the position in HS. I wasn’t expecting Noah as he’s too valuable to risk, but I thought it might be someone who is more of a big name. Just Cross Patton and walk-on WR Tevin Jeannis.

Jaylon Redd would make a lot of sense as an occasional RB. Maybe Ashford if they don’t think he’ll ever be a factor at QB. I don’t know who else, someone like Donte Manning that played QB in HS, but he’s needed at CB. Hutson or Delgado are the only other WRs that make sense, but neither of them is built for it. It will hopefully be moot with Benson healthy for fall camp, Cardwell, and McGee arriving. Too bad neither was an early enrollee.

Out of the new freshmen Jeffrey Bassa is getting some attention, and was one of the kick returners. His size/speed combo is a nice addition.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:With all of the injuries at RB they said they were giving more reps to other guys who played the position in HS. I wasn’t expecting Noah as he’s too valuable to risk, but I thought it might be someone who is more of a big name. Just Cross Patton and walk-on WR Tevin Jeannis.

Jaylon Redd would make a lot of sense as an occasional RB. Maybe Ashford if they don’t think he’ll ever be a factor at QB. I don’t know who else, someone like Donte Manning that played QB in HS, but he’s needed at CB. Hutson or Delgado are the only other WRs that make sense, but neither of them is built for it. It will hopefully be moot with Benson healthy for fall camp, Cardwell, and McGee arriving. Too bad neither was an early enrollee.

Out of the new freshmen Jeffrey Bassa is getting some attention, and was one of the kick returners. His size/speed combo is a nice addition.
Yeah, we never found out what Benson's injury was, but I really hope he's ready to go by fall camp! RB is always one of those positions where you're going to need 4-5 guys during a season.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

How about Adrian Jackson at rb?

Kidding of course but dang that dude is big.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

GrantDuck wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:With all of the injuries at RB they said they were giving more reps to other guys who played the position in HS. I wasn’t expecting Noah as he’s too valuable to risk, but I thought it might be someone who is more of a big name. Just Cross Patton and walk-on WR Tevin Jeannis.

Yeah, we never found out what Benson's injury was, but I really hope he's ready to go by fall camp! RB is always one of those positions where you're going to need 4-5 guys during a season.
I think Benson either broke a tibia or a fibula. 247 wrote broken leg, which was what was reported initially.

Quite unfortunate, but I think the expectation is that he’s back by fall camp.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Honestly we've got some depth at ILB that I'd consider Noah as an upgrade to the CHL goal line role.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:Honestly we've got some depth at ILB that I'd consider Noah as an upgrade to the CHL goal line role.
Not in love with Noah running the ball. In theory its awesome, right up until someone puts their helmet on his knee. I’d take 2 years of a healthy Noah at ILB, vs a few TD’s and a chance at loosing an irreparable LB.