#11 Oregon @ #4 Ohio State (Sept. 11 Sat 9 AM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: #11 Oregon @ #4 Ohio State (Sept. 11 Sat 9 AM FOX)

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
chapelhillduck wrote:Yeah, KT ain’t going today https://twitter.com/jmininsohn/status/1 ... 41635?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soft. Gotta protect his image apparently.
How do you know it’s his choice and not the doctors forcing him to sit out?
Because this isn't an injury that a Doctor can force him out for like with concussions. Nor is it a bad injury. It's an ankle that wasn't even rolled up on. It got tweaked. Either something else happened during the week to his ankle or else he's being soft.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
chapelhillduck wrote:Yeah, KT ain’t going today https://twitter.com/jmininsohn/status/1 ... 41635?s=21

Because this isn't an injury that a Doctor can force him out for like with concussions. Nor is it a bad injury. It's an ankle that wasn't even rolled up on. It got tweaked. Either something else happened during the week to his ankle or else he's being soft.
Unfortunately we’ll probably never know, but it KT chose to sit out then I imagine player morale will be down.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Today we find out if Mario can actually coach or if he's just a recruiter.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Swinson will get 2 sacks today in KT place. Our front 7 still has more talent without KT and Flowe, than the front 7 of 2010 had. And the Lb are light years better than the 2014 D. I know our D staff can coach, it will be up to Moorehead and his guys to pick it up on O.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Sad, just me……. Very disappointed with KT. It is a mild spring.
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
If Oregon wasn’t so incredibly unlucky we’d have at least one national championships in football, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball.
Just think... the last time we played Ohio State, we had Mariota at QB but virtually all of his receivers were either injured or suspended during the few weeks before the game -- along with our best cornerback.

All teams deal with injuries, but I can't think of another team that's really had worse luck with which players get injured at key times. Of course KT, Flowe, and Mathis are all out! It actually makes perfect sense and someone should have been telling MC months ago to make a game plan that didn't include a pass rush.
Against Auburn in 2011 we didn’t have major injuries but the refs showed up in full Auburn gear under their uniforms, and then against Auburn again in 2019, so many receivers were out. Granted Oregon should’ve won that game but crazy how many WR’s we’re out with freakish injuries that game. This is just always gonna be a thing I guess. Maybe we should all just care less, idk. It’s clear Oregon is cursed far more than any team/school in sports.
Well, I was at the game in 2011 and I didn’t see any referees in Auburn gear. Oregon is still going to show up regardless who starts or plays. Instead of constantly whining about this or that, refs , etc. let it play out. If your an alum, act like one and show some sack like the guys that will show and play.

Oregon will win or lose w/ the players available and really nothing else matters at this point.
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

Duck07 wrote:Today we find out if Mario can actually coach or if he's just a recruiter.

+1
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

I said DL and LB depth would be an issue before the season began. I wouldn't be surprised if the walk-on at ILB gets playing time today. You're not going to beat a team like OSU with a walk-on playing anywhere.

As far as KT, you guys need to chill and quit blaming him. He has a lot ahead of him and it's not worth making his existing injury much worse just for 1 big game. People sit out post season games these days... sitting out of a big regular season game isn't any worse.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

rentdodger wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Today we find out if Mario can actually coach or if he's just a recruiter.

+1
Yeah instead of complaining about who and who is out. Good teams have great depth and a season ending injury outside of QB and maybe RB is not the biggest issue for the Alabamas/Georgias/Clemsons/OSUs. We'll get there someday too (hopefully).
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

ducks5ever wrote:I said DL and LB depth would be an issue before the season began. I wouldn't be surprised if the walk-on at ILB gets playing time today. You're not going to beat a team like OSU with a walk-on playing anywhere.

As far as KT, you guys need to chill and quit blaming him. He has a lot ahead of him and it's not worth making his existing injury much worse just for 1 big game. People sit out post season games these days... sitting out of a big regular season game isn't any worse.
an ankle sprain isn't keeping him out the league. if it's all a business decision for him then he should stop playing the rest of the year - period. end of story. give those reps to someone who wants them as he got what he wanted from his college experience.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

My thoughts as well. I guess playing through injury isn’t a thing any more? I’ve played through really bad ankle sprains in freakin intramural ball, you throw a brace on, pop some ibuprofen, and get after it.

I hope I’m wrong but it looks very much like he’s protecting his career/image over doing what’s best for the team.

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:I said DL and LB depth would be an issue before the season began. I wouldn't be surprised if the walk-on at ILB gets playing time today. You're not going to beat a team like OSU with a walk-on playing anywhere.

an ankle sprain isn't keeping him out the league. if it's all a business decision for him then he should stop playing the rest of the year - period. end of story. give those reps to someone who wants them as he got what he wanted from his college experience.
The Bosa method
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

We still have two 4* backing up that Lb spot. When have we ever had a LB spot with a 5* backup, and 2-4*? Yes both are Fr, but the time is now for Beown and McNeil. Also Mase can play inside and AJax if needed
GoDucks7
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks7 »

As much as I love KT I have to agree that it seems like he is protecting his draft stock to sit out. Ultimately it is his choice, however, during his career he seems to talk about how much he's going to do versus actually backing it up. When he's on, he's almost unstoppable. Problem is, he doesn't appear to have the drive that great players do. Outside of the PAC-12 championship game last year, he was pretty much held in check. He was on SportsCenter talking about his aspirations to win the Heisman Trophy and to win the CFP. A guy who really has the drive and want to achieve those goals wouldn't hold himself out because of an ankle sprain. Just my 2 cents..
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Duck07 wrote:

I'm no expert at this but just daily life experience tells me that all the push KT generates adds a ton of pressure on his feet/ankle. If he's not 100%, it's either going to be incredibly painful for him every play or he'll do further damage to something in his ankle/foot, or possibly both. I get that to have a better chance to win this game, we need him (at 100%). However, I can't blame him for this and I think it's a bit overboard for others to just toss accusations at him when none of us really know with certainty the extent of his injuries.