Pac-12 Officiating

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Pac-12 Officiating

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Thought it might be fun/cathartic to have a thread dedicated to the weekly atrocities committed by our conferences officials. Amazingly, they seem to be getting worse; not just bad calls but major errors like above are happening more and more. Or at least they’re being noticed more.

I like the new commish so far but until he makes a legitimate move to clean up our officiating we might as well have kept Larry Scott.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Pac-12 Officiating

Post by StevensTechU »

What are the options?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

There's always these types of errors by Pac-12 officials. It's really inexcusable.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Mark Duddy is awful and I think he's the Official of the "top crew". Oof.

Has to be a complete rehaul with accountability for performance.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

So glad this got caught. I was losing my mind during the drive trying to figure out whether I missed a play or what…. Kept waiting for the announcers to say something. To me, it looked like the refs moved the chains after a first down play got Oregon 6 yards, and then when Oregon got 5 more on the next play, instead of that being a first down, it was 2nd and 5. The announcer even corrected himself, saying “first… I mean second down and…,” and just rolled with it.
Bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:What are the options?
Showing another example of how the conference sucks reminded me that I owe you an apology for saying Fresno Stage wouldn’t finish in the top half of the Pac-12. Not related to the ref issue, but I connected the two in my head.

They would. I was wrong. I probably also owe some BYU fans an apology for saying the same.

The refs in this conference are as incompetent as the head coaches. I’ve defended the programs in this conference, but the teams look so bad that they’re just like the conference administration and the refs this seasons; depressingly incompetent.

It didn’t matter at that point in the game but these clown refs also used replay to call an ineligible man downfield after saying the ball had been tipped.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Killer memes and youtube videos shaming the ineptitude of the conference that go viral.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
Showing another example of how the conference sucks reminded me that I owe you an apology for saying Fresno Stage wouldn’t finish in the top half of the Pac-12. Not related to the ref issue, but I connected the two in my head.

They would. I was wrong. I probably also owe some BYU fans an apology for saying the same.

The refs in this conference are as incompetent as the head coaches. I’ve defended the programs in this conference, but the teams look so bad that they’re just like the conference administration and the refs this seasons; depressingly incompetent.

It didn’t matter at that point in the game but these clown refs also used replay to call an ineligible man downfield after saying the ball had been tipped.
lol, no worries man. You don't owe me an apology. Or anyone! (maybe you do, I don't know what you've done in your past)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:
Killer memes and youtube videos shaming the ineptitude of the conference that go viral.
It's the best way to cancel someone.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Wonder how the pac12 refs will screw us over this week
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

alxtw wrote:Wonder how the pac12 refs will screw us over this week
I’m sure they’ll “protect” their marquee team. You know, the academic powerhouse in sealittle…
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Vanducky
One Star Recruit

Post by Vanducky »

alxtw wrote:Wonder how the pac12 refs will screw us over this week
I was through the roof on the first drive when they reviewed Ferguson's non-catch after a follow-up play had already been run.

Par for the course.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Amazingly, that may have been the worst overall officiating all year. The review to find out a second play had transpired so they couldn’t review the previous play was an all-timer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The amount of replays needed to get such a basic thing done as spotting the ball was just maddening.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

greenyellow wrote:The amount of replays needed to get such a basic thing done as spotting the ball was just maddening.
Official timeout, this comment is under review....