Oregon starts off at #4 in CFP Poll

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon starts off at #4 in CFP Poll

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon comes in at #4 in the first CFP, right ahead of Ohio State.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon #4 in Nov. 2nd CFP Poll

Post by karlhungis »

I am very surprised by this.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon starts off at #4 in CFP Poll

Post by StevensTechU »

Alabama and Cincinnati should switch places. Good lord.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Ducks, hang on to it!
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

:shock:
:shock:
As a Duck fan I’m thrilled, as a college football fan I don’t agree with the top 6. Would of enjoyed being a fly on the wall in that room to hear the arguments and reasonings. I think a lot of folks in that room watched the Stanford game and believe Oregon got robbed and also feel with our OC calling the game, KT and Verdell not out we win. I feel if any one of those three don’t happen we win, but a loss is still a loss. Overcoming adversity is part of both winning a championship and being a champion.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

StevensTechU wrote:Alabama and Cincinnati should switch places. Good lord.
You really think Cincinnati is the better team?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Wow. Pretty clear statement of how much they value that tOSU win. Even if tOSU wins out it just makes that win that much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

This sort of feels like a "who deserves it" ranking versus the common "power ranking" style that people often vote in. Oregon has the biggest win of the year, on the road, comfortably. I get that. But Cincy beat Notre Dame, on the road, comfortably, and yet they're behind an Alabama team that lost to Texas A&M and barely beat unranked Florida? I don't doubt Alabama's talent, but they don't deserve #2 or event #4.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Nobody should be surprised about Oregon being in front of Ohio State. We're both ranked in the top 10, we both have one loss, we both have some quality wins, and we beat them head-to-head. It would be completely weird for Ohio State to be in front of us no matter how teams "look" right now. For that matter, Oregon looks like it's heating up and has dominated its past two games.

Winning matters. Go Ducks!!!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:This sort of feels like a "who deserves it" ranking versus the common "power ranking" style that people often vote in. Oregon has the biggest win of the year, on the road, comfortably. I get that. But Cincy beat Notre Dame, on the road, comfortably, and yet they're behind an Alabama team that lost to Texas A&M and barely beat unranked Florida? I don't doubt Alabama's talent, but they don't deserve #2 or event #4.

Bama still has a tough road to go. They can easily drop another. So will either MSU or OSU, and Michigan for that matter. The first ranking is fun, but it won’t matter once the dust settles in December
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Boom wrote:
Bama's best win so far is the #16th ranked team and lost to an unranked team. Cinci's is #10. Whether or not anyone thinks bama has more talent or is better is irrelevant right now. Cinci is undefeated and anyone that think's they shouldn't be in the top 4 until they lose is fucking high. This list is a joke.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UofO8 wrote:
Boom wrote:
Bama's best win so far is the #16th ranked team and lost to an unranked team. Cinci's is #10. Whether or not anyone thinks bama has more talent or is better is irrelevant right now. Cinci is undefeated and anyone that think's they shouldn't be in the top 4 until they lose is fucking high. This list is a joke.
Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT
Sat, Sep 4
vs
Miami (OH)

Sat, Sep 11
vs
Murray State

Sat, Sep 18
@
Indiana

Sat, Oct 2
@
Notre Dame

Fri, Oct 8
vs
Temple

Sat, Oct 16
vs
UCF

@
Navy

Sat, Oct 30
@
Tulane

Sat, Nov 6
vs
Tulsa

Fri, Nov 12
@
South Florida

Sat, Nov 20
vs
SMU

Fri, Nov 26
@
East Carolina

No offense but, is that the schedule of a top five playoff team? To me that looks like a season long non-conference schedule of patsies. Hell Portland State would have a shot at a winning record with that schedule.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Didn't Cin barely beat Navy? The teams on their schedule are mostly sub par mediocre teams. Notre Dame is also no where close to the level of a CFP team this year.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

To those talking about opponents that haven't been played against... What? You don't get credit for who you're gonna play at a later date! That makes no sense whatsoever.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:To those talking about opponents that haven't been played against... What? You don't get credit for who you're gonna play at a later date! That makes no sense whatsoever.
I think as far as a discussion goes, it can be relevant because of the "IF" factor and that teams have to play their schedules out as part of this equation.

IF Oregon wins out is that better than Cincy winning out, etc. Of course you can only do that for the teams at the top and it isn't a major point of emphasis or anything because obviously if you lose you get dropped.

We are leaving out our win over Fresno State when talking about our resume. Hopefully Utah and OSU only lose to the Ducks from here on out as far as giving us more ranked wins.