Oregon starts off at #4 in CFP Poll

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Oregon starts off at #4 in CFP Poll

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:Oregon stays at #3 for another week. Utah moved to #23.

We're very far into the CFB season and I have no idea who is going to make the playoffs. Lots of intrigue still in the Big 10 and from the top two teams of the Southeastern Conference. Okie Lite might even be in play if things go their way.
It'll be interesting to see what happens if Alabama gets a 2nd loss in the SEC CG.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

If 2-loss Alabama gets in over undefeated Cincy, I'm going to lose my s***.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Seems even the CFP doesn't have Alabama as solid as many people thought:
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Big 10 is kind of interesting. Assuming that Ohio State and the Michigan teams win their other conference games:

1. There is a scenario where there are two one-loss teams: Both Michigan teams beat Ohio State, sending MSU to the title game where they beat Wisconsin.

2. If Ohio State splits with the two Michigan teams, and the Michigan team that beats Ohio State beats Wisconsin, that Michigan team is the only one-loss Big 10 team.

3. If both Michigan teams beat Ohio State, and MSU loses to Wisconsin, then Michigan is the only one loss team.

4. If Ohio State beats both Michigan teams and Wisconsin, Ohio State is the only one-loss team.

5. If Ohio State beats both Michigan teams, but loses to Wisconsin, there are no one-loss teams.

6. If MSU beats Ohio State and Michigan loses to Ohio State and MSU loses to Wisconsin, there are no one-loss teams.

In scenarios 1 and 3 both Oregon and Michigan would have one loss and a best win over Ohio State. Oregon would have one more win and a conference championship, Michigan would have a way better SOS and a way better "worst loss."