Bowl projections I could gather

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Bowl projections I could gather

Post by DuckzRule »

I tried finding as much bowl projections as possible and most of them have us going to the playoffs (but none of them to the natty), which hopefully happens, the only sites that have us missing the playoffs are CBSSports and College Football News, which say a very possible scenario where we lose to Utah in November 20th and then getting revenge in Las Vegas.

Bowl projections:

ESPN Bonagura: Cotton Bowl (Playoff) against Alabama

ESPN Schlabach: Orange Bowl (Playoff) against Georgia

CBSSports: Rose Bowl against Michigan State

ActionNetwork: Cotton Bowl (Playoff) against Oklahoma

247Sports: Cotton Bowl (Playoff) against Georgia

Pro Football Network: Orange Bowl (Playoff) against Alabama

College Football News: Rose Bowl against Michigan

Saturday Tradition: Cotton Bowl (Playoff) against Ohio State.

And these are all the bowl projections I could find as of this writing, I honestly believe the Rose Bowl appearence seems more likely since I don't think we'll beat Utah in SLC, but I honestly want to see the Oregon vs Alabama Orange Bowl matchup, Alabama seems somewhat beatable this year and plus we've never made the Orange Bowl.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Bowl projections I could gather

Post by DuckzRule »

Also hopefully we can at least be competitive in whatever playoff game we get in case we qualify for the playoffs.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

This Oregon team plays up to there competition. I'd love for Oregon to play Alabama in an Orange Bowl. However I'm actually more worried about the remaining Pac 12 schedule than I would be for that game. If Oregon plays well and takes every game one at a time I see no reason why they can't beat those teams.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Update: The two ESPN analysts are now putting us on the Cotton Bowl against either Ohio State or Alabama, CBS still has us on the Rose Bowl, and 247Sports has us in the Orange Bowl against tOSU.

Imagine Oregon playing in Miami...
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Holy christ, CFN is projecting OKLAHOMA STATE of all teams to make the CFP, I still hope we get in and I heavily doubt the Big 12 OSU goes undefeated the rest of the way
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

In terms of general CFP National Championship matchups, Georgia vs Ohio State seems to be the most popular one but I feel UGA would smash the Buckeyes as of now.

Hopefully we can be competitive in case we make the CFP