Pittman Twitter

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman

Pittman Twitter

Post by northbeachsf »

This is probably not ideal. I am assuming Pittman is pissed after not recording any stats on offense last night? I think he didn't have a catch last week either?

https://twitter.com/MycahPittman/status ... 7445882892
chapelhillduck
Senior

Re: Pittman Twitter

Post by chapelhillduck »

I read this as people still hating on UO, not a Pittman thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Don’t think that is it, but hopefully.
No targets in 2 games. 12 catches for 197 through 10 games is pretty rough for a guy with his talent level.

It looked like he was sitting by himself and was not with the rest of the team at the end of the game. I hope we don’t lose him.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

I sure hope his feeling of disrespect is aimed elsewhere than the quarterback or team, because Oregon is in prime position to make a CFP run ... it's takes a TEAM to get there and everyone to buy in. I get that not many throws were made last night, but when you can run up and down the field at will, you do so. Winning is all that matters in the end.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I've been thinking about Pittman a lot this year. He came in with hype, brother was a monster at USC and now in the NFL, and he clearly thinks he's at that level. Made a splash as a true freshman but as the quarterback situation has deteriorated, the number of balls going around are fewer and there's much more talent around him.

I hope he stays, but wouldn't be surprised if he goes after this season. I don't think he's head and shoulders above Hutson, so I don't know if we'd lose a lot of he did depart.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I think Pittman might be confusing disrespect with inability to put the ball into his general location. To be honest though, when I think of receivers I think could break out if our QB had any passing ability, Pittman is way down the list, and next year he will be down further yet. It was a bummer when Kingsley left, but Pittman probably would barely be noticed if he transferred. I don't dislike him, and he has put in some great effort, but I am reminded of when he was a recruit and said that he wasn't worried about getting playing time at Oregon because, "who do they have?" And now new recruits are saying that in reference to him. What goes around...
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Phalanx wrote:I think Pittman might be confusing disrespect with inability to put the ball into his general location. To be honest though, when I think of receivers I think could break out if our QB had any passing ability, Pittman is way down the list, and next year he will be down further yet. It was a bummer when Kingsley left, but Pittman probably would barely be noticed if he transferred. I don't dislike him, and he has put in some great effort, but I am reminded of when he was a recruit and said that he wasn't worried about getting playing time at Oregon because, "who do they have?" And now new recruits are saying that in reference to him. What goes around...
X2, Pittman is not the caliber of receiver a few of the young guys are, I see the portal coming his way.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

northbeachsf wrote:Don’t think that is it, but hopefully.
No targets in 2 games. 12 catches for 197 through 10 games is pretty rough for a guy with his talent level.

It looked like he was sitting by himself and was not with the rest of the team at the end of the game. I hope we don’t lose him.

Maybe I’ve missed his talent level since coming to UO. He fair catches well, gets at least one dumb penalty every other game. Other than that?
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

You don’t hear much about him in Mosley’s practice reports. You would think he is the perfect 10yd receiver for Brown. Maybe he just can’t get separation. He also did have a couple drops earlier in the year. Wonder if it a trust issue with AB (or Moorhead). Ducks aren’t running him on any screens either.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I like Pittman, he’s a good possession receiver, but it seems he also had a lot of hype around him because of who his brother is. Clearly he’s not on the level of guys like Williams and Franklin. Unfortunately for him, guys with good hands but average size and speed are plentiful in college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I read this as ppl talking s*** about Pittman on punt returns rather than him being pissed about touches.

I feel like all our WR's are getting short changed by QB play.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I remember him looking really good as a freshman and feeling strongly that he'd be a stud. It's disappointing that potential hasn't materialized.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tbh, he’s been pretty bad at punt returning.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

GrantDuck wrote:I read this as ppl talking s*** about Pittman on punt returns rather than him being pissed about touches.
Didn’t think about it from this angle, but that has been going around a little.
When you see these cryptic messages, it is hard not to speculate.
Pittman doesn’t seem like a guy that would just pull the plug because things are not perfect. Again, I hope he stays. I like him a lot as a player.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

I was hoping he tweet that in response to Oregon being placed as an underdog in the Utah game next week. But seeing how he tweet that right after the game on Saturday, it doesn't look too good...