Rose Bowl Thread (UO vs tOSU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Rose Bowl Thread (UO vs tOSU)

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I thought the facemask penalty by Brandon Bair for those 15 yards didn't help at all. I couldn't see the penalty so I don't know if it was bogus or not.

Also, (not to second guess Chip), but they should have gone for that 4th & 1 to get the 7 points, then worry about the 3. When that kick didn't go through, the whole stadium of Duck fans cringed and you could see the bench deflate.

When they lined up for that 3 receiver set on the right the second time, I was totally expecting an all out blast in all directions because the first time the run got stuffed. When they ran it the second time with the same result, I was surprised they tried it again.

We had them on the ropes with the 7 sacks of Pryor, had the formula. UGH.

That game was very winnable if the offense had clicked at least a little bit. There were moments of beauty, but there were no answers. Disappointing, but I am hopeful for next year.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Rose Bowl Thread (UO vs tOSU)

Post by gofightingducks »

Considering the Ducks had their worst game other then the Boise State game and Ohio State had their best game of the season by far and the Ducks only lost by 9 and had a couple of plays gone the Ducks way Oregon probably would have won says a lot about how good this team is. The fumble by Blount, the inability to tackle and the FG try instead of going for it on 4th down were the major game changers IMO. Oregon's D had they been able to tackle better would have given the Ducks offense more series to do more. The FG try was too long, I feel Kelly should have gone for it and of course with the Ducks leading 17-16 and driving the Blount fumble changed the whole momentum of the game. The scoreboard didn't really reflect how lopsided of a game it really was, yet just like the Stanford and Boise State games the Ducks were in it to the end. I am excited for next season, however I think the Ducks will still lose 2-3 games again, the expectations will be high and of course because of those expectations we will be upset as fans if the Ducks don't live up, but I will be happy with another 10 win season. GO DUCKS!