Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Rose Bowl Thread (UO vs tOSU)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

On a side note:

For those of you who love to talk on opposing teams forums, please feel free to invite tOSU fans over here to get some good ole' trash talking.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

wheaton4prez wrote:Heh. Nothing tough about it. Just a fun time-killer between client calls.

I haven't had time yet to find and respond to a solid argument there. Just gave it a glance to see what they were starting to say. "Oregon is nothing special on defense." "They haven't faced a defense like ours." kind of stuck out to me.
How about this approach, Wheaton: go back to their posts before the UO/OSU game where they were all hoping OSU would win because they were worried that UO would kill them. There was a thread on this board a few weeks ago with some of their quotes. So now there is an inconsistency between what they were saying then and now. Convict them with the words out of their own mouths. They will hate you for it, but that's the fun of it, right?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

RanDux wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:Heh. Nothing tough about it. Just a fun time-killer between client calls.

I haven't had time yet to find and respond to a solid argument there. Just gave it a glance to see what they were starting to say. "Oregon is nothing special on defense." "They haven't faced a defense like ours." kind of stuck out to me.
How about this approach, Wheaton: go back to their posts before the UO/OSU game where they were all hoping OSU would win because they were worried that UO would kill them. There was a thread on this board a few weeks ago with some of their quotes. So now there is an inconsistency between what they were saying then and now. Convict them with the words out of their own mouths. They will hate you for it, but that's the fun of it, right?
Here you go, Mikfot found these! :D

uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

ducksrock wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
uo2010 wrote:Does anyone know how the parking is? I drove down for the game against UCLA and tailgated in the golf course adjacent to the stadium for $15. It was really sweet - an 18 hole golf course completely filled up with cars, beer, BBQ, and football. The golf course is open for parking for all UCLA home games, but does anyone know its status for the Rose Bowl?
Yes, the golf course will be open. Its really the only parking around the stadium. Get there early!
I heard somewhere that a spot on the golf course runs $150.00....Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Looks like parking is $30.00 on the golf course..Stack parked vehicles...I would assume this to mean very little if any room for tailgating on the course...Any insight?
The $150.00 appears to apply towards parking of motorhomes at some other location.
When I went down there for the UCLA game there was plenty of room for tailgaiting on the golf course.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

UOducksTK1 wrote:On a side note:

For those of you who love to talk on opposing teams forums, please feel free to invite tOSU fans over here to get some good ole' trash talking.
Not sure if you really want to do that... Their fans are... how should I put it?... Retarded.

If you do not believe then by all means invite them here and see what happens lol.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

yeah, the Okie State fans who came over here prior to teh Holiday Bowl last year were pretty docile, Ohio State fans are a different breed.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

wheaton4prez wrote:
briarduck wrote:I was circling as well wheaton...their comments were getting on my nerves but like you I will wait before I post. And they call us delusional...WTF!

I like how the fail to comment that the teams that rushed on us had a good to great passing attack and they don't have Toby Gerhart! One dimensional offenses like there's have little to no chance against us (at least historically). And our defense may not be that great but there offense isn't equipped to take advantage like the Stanford was.

Man I'm so pissed after reading their comments!

I can not wait to kick their asses!

GO DUCKS!!
I'm thinking that the two key arguments working in our favor are that they lost to the common opponents that we beat and that their strength of schedule is way softer than ours. So, having the same record doesn't really compare.
Agreed and it still blows me away that other conferences can say we don't play defense in our conference and that their conference in anywhere near as deep as ours...oh well I guess but after Jan 1st they should understand a little better!

Peace and GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

about uniform situation for rose bowl, i copy and paste this from twitter.

''DuckSportsNews RT @kgordonosu: As higher-ranked team, Oregon gets choice of unis for Rose Bowl...OSU has not been told yet what Oregon will wear.''
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

swagnatic101 wrote:

Not sure if you really want to do that... Their fans are... how should I put it?... Retarded.

If you do not believe then by all means invite them here and see what happens lol.
Really. My experience has been the opposite. They seem to be civil relative to other fan bases I've debated.
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

chump01284 wrote:about uniform situation for rose bowl, i copy and paste this from twitter.

''DuckSportsNews RT @kgordonosu: As higher-ranked team, Oregon gets choice of unis for Rose Bowl...OSU has not been told yet what Oregon will wear.''
If we wear the steel pants and helmet we'll look just like ... Ohio State.

:/
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

i hope throwback uni again. its just make ducks look better in rose bowl.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

wheaton4prez wrote:
swagnatic101 wrote:

Really. My experience has been the opposite. They seem to be civil relative to other fan bases I've debated.
Invite the civil ones. ;)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I will at some point when it seems most likely to work. At the moment, I'm having a hard time finding many of them that take issue with what I've posted. It seems that a lot of them don't believe that they have a very good shot to win.
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

I invited one, I hope that he comes by. He is knowledgeable and civil. :D

Notice the plane that we flew on?
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

monster wrote:
chump01284 wrote:about uniform situation for rose bowl, i copy and paste this from twitter.

If we wear the steel pants and helmet we'll look just like ... Ohio State.

:/
Yeah, that was my thought too :( Maybe tOSU would wear their new Nike uniforms instead - i.e., white helmet.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT