Rose Bowl Thread (UO vs tOSU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Rose Bowl Thread (UO vs tOSU)

Post by gofightingducks »

uo2010 wrote:
monster wrote:
chump01284 wrote:about uniform situation for rose bowl, i copy and paste this from twitter.

''DuckSportsNews RT @kgordonosu: As higher-ranked team, Oregon gets choice of unis for Rose Bowl...OSU has not been told yet what Oregon will wear.''
If we wear the steel pants and helmet we'll look just like ... Ohio State.

:/
Yeah, that was my thought too :( Maybe tOSU would wear their new Nike uniforms instead - i.e., white helmet.

Instead of steel pants the Ducks could go with black pants to compliment the carbon helmet. I really want to see the new helmet or white throwbacks!
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Some comments from this article...Oregon wont be a pushover... http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sp ... t=&sid=101
I hope this is the year we finally win one, but I'm not holding my breath. At least the Bucks are talking a good game.
Our only hope is if we can run against the Ducks with a 4/yd clip, if not its going to be 4 straight losses in bowls.
This game may get real ugly. Our only chance is our defense holding the Ducks to less than 17 points which will be a huge task.
After watching Oregon win against Oregon State, my only hope is whether Ohio State will have any gas in their tank after the first half. Oregon's speed of play was absolutely amazing. As to the fact that they, meaning Oregon, haven't seen a defense like Ohio States, they handled USC quite well. Ohio State and their coaching staff need to keep their mouths shut and concentrate on conditioning. They'll need it.
Have you watched them play? They run a defense ragged. The players are fired up.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Hey Wheaton, have some fun: http://www.thebuckeyebattlecry.com/?p=3874

This is the most homerific blog I've ever seen. It's seriously like debating a third grader.

The site that I found it on said they're deleting "logical" posts though. Just a heads up.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sweet highlight vid of the Civil War btw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwj1zAJx3Tw

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

UOducksTK1 wrote:On a side note:

For those of you who love to talk on opposing teams forums, please feel free to invite tOSU fans over here to get some good ole' trash talking.
TK1? I'm not sure what to make of the caption on the picture. Ethan Grant is a Duck, so why the comment, "Who needs them?" Why group him with Bryce Brown? Am I missing something????
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

RanDux wrote:

For those of you who love to talk on opposing teams forums, please feel free to invite tOSU fans over here to get some good ole' trash talking.
TK1? I'm not sure what to make of the caption on the picture. Ethan Grant is a Duck, so why the comment, "Who needs them?" Why group him with Bryce Brown? Am I missing something????
He just de committed and committed to tcu
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

brich75 wrote:
RanDux wrote:

He just de committed and committed to tcu
Wow. Unbelievable. Perhaps he's afraid of getting carries behind LMJ? Okay, thanks. I'll save it for the recruiting thread.
Last edited by RanDux on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Wow. Unbelievable. Perhaps he's afraid of getting carries behind LMJ? Okay, thanks. I'll save it for the recruiting threads.
Yeah go check out the war room, some interesting stuff going on.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Well we had something in store for the Beavers, but apparently Chip didn't feel like using it and we are gonna maybe use it against Ohio State...one of the Duck Feed predictions from goducks.com

2. XXXXXXXXCENSOREDXXXXXXXX
Incorrect. I can't come clean with this prediction for fear of tipping Oregon's next opponent to a potential wrinkle in the game plan. Suffices to say I got it wrong, but it could very well appear in the final predictions post Jan. 1.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Ed Dickson passing to LMJ is my guess.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

wheaton4prez wrote:Ed Dickson passing to LMJ is my guess.
The pass he threw to JJ last year in the UA game was beautiful ... too bad JJ tripped and bobbled the ball
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

Can we please breakout the fake statue of liberty we used on Michigan in 07, I have been dying to see that one get used in a big game.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I work at Pepsi and we have to stock up the concessions before every game(well not me personally). Needless to say, they were there on days of closed practices. From talking to one of my coworkers there, he said Kelly does this drill which I believe was called "halftime", or something to that effect. Basically it was all the trick plays they would pull with a few seconds left on the clock. From what I hear there are some VERY wild/imaginative plays Kelly has conjured up. I see no reason to try one or two in the Rose Bowl.
GO DUCKS!
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

echo31 wrote:
The pass he threw to JJ last year in the UA game was beautiful ... too bad JJ tripped and bobbled the ball
Yep. Remembering that and imagining the author of that article writing something like "Ed Dickson throws a TD." Could be way off though. "Masoli pitches to Paulson"??
stewbertwilloughby wrote:
I work at Pepsi and we have to stock up the concessions before every game(well not me personally). Needless to say, they were there on days of closed practices. From talking to one of my coworkers there, he said Kelly does this drill which I believe was called "halftime", or something to that effect. Basically it was all the trick plays they would pull with a few seconds left on the clock. From what I hear there are some VERY wild/imaginative plays Kelly has conjured up. I see no reason to try one or two in the Rose Bowl.
He seems to have a knack for choosing the right times to run those plays.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I am thinking this game is going to be like the Michigan game in 07, filled with trick plays and complete dominance. Ohio State and Pryor are not going to know what hit them. I know Ohio State has a good D but they haven't been up against an O like Oregon's and Ohio State's O suits Oregon's D perfectly, where Alliotti can blitz from the LB spot. Kelly has enough time to prepare but not too much time like Ohio State. I think it is pretty close the first half but like a lot of games this season the Ducks conditioning allows Oregon to pull away in the 2nd half.

GO DUCKS!