Rose Bowl Thread (UO vs tOSU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck58
Four Star Recruit

Re: Rose Bowl Thread (UO vs tOSU)

Post by duck58 »

History repeats itself. We won the Sun Bowl and Holiday Bowl and in 2001 Fiesta(BCS). Difference is we won the Sun & Holiday Bowls by bigger margins this time. And, Alliotti seems to do better when he has the added time to prepare the defense. I think the D will do better than many think.
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

The real question is...can OSU score 40 points on us because if they can't they are going down hard. I say they can't!!!
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

My only real concern going into this game.

Does OSU have a huge Offensive line and a power run game to go with?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I'll be surprised if tOSU gets more than 14 points. We will be able to stack up against the run cuz Pryor can't throw. I see a 45-13 type game.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I agree I see a similar outcome from the last time the Ducks played in a BCS game!
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

I actually want OSU fans thinking how superior they are to Oregon. That makes the post blowout-game taunting all the more sweet.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
Destroyer77 wrote:I actually want OSU fans thinking how superior they are to Oregon. That makes the post blowout-game taunting all the more sweet.
Pot meet kettle?
When it's to Ohio State fans, taunting is okay, they deserve it.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Did anyone ever figure out the uniform hubbub? I'm assuming Oregon will be the away team.

The "higher ranking" thing can't be right, since Oregon wore home jerseys in '94
Its probably home team for the Ducks. Ducks rank better than tOSU.
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

It may not have always been that way but certainly this decade the higher ranked team has worn home jerseys.
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Did anyone ever figure out the uniform hubbub? I'm assuming Oregon will be the away team.

The "higher ranking" thing can't be right, since Oregon wore home jerseys in '94
Wikipedia states that since 2006 the higher-ranked team wears home colors
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

We are the home team, not sure if its because we are higher ranked or some kind of rotation though.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

Does anyone know how the parking is? I drove down for the game against UCLA and tailgated in the golf course adjacent to the stadium for $15. It was really sweet - an 18 hole golf course completely filled up with cars, beer, BBQ, and football. The golf course is open for parking for all UCLA home games, but does anyone know its status for the Rose Bowl?
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

uo2010 wrote:Does anyone know how the parking is? I drove down for the game against UCLA and tailgated in the golf course adjacent to the stadium for $15. It was really sweet - an 18 hole golf course completely filled up with cars, beer, BBQ, and football. The golf course is open for parking for all UCLA home games, but does anyone know its status for the Rose Bowl?
Yes, the golf course will be open. Its really the only parking around the stadium. Get there early!
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
uo2010 wrote:Does anyone know how the parking is? I drove down for the game against UCLA and tailgated in the golf course adjacent to the stadium for $15. It was really sweet - an 18 hole golf course completely filled up with cars, beer, BBQ, and football. The golf course is open for parking for all UCLA home games, but does anyone know its status for the Rose Bowl?
Yes, the golf course will be open. Its really the only parking around the stadium. Get there early!
I heard somewhere that a spot on the golf course runs $150.00....Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Looks like parking is $30.00 on the golf course..Stack parked vehicles...I would assume this to mean very little if any room for tailgating on the course...Any insight?
The $150.00 appears to apply towards parking of motorhomes at some other location.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

In case you're interested ~

Just got a reservation at a hotel that is off the radar 5 miles from the RB. First night is $79, second & third nights $198, but grand total is little over $300. Only found it through a yellow page search on Mapquest (needle in a haystack). You can't make reservations online. You email them first or call for a room. It's not fancy, but it'll work!

http://www.regencyinneaglerock.com/

And I can eat at The Oinkster just up the street (just what I need)..........

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/200 ... ornia.html