A picture is worth a thousand words

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: A picture is worth a thousand words

Post by sickaduck »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Randall was incredibly quick but he didn't look like he could throw the ball at all. Kinda crazy that both Randall and Scroggins were 5 star guys but neither impressed me at all.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm now beginning to think either Marcus is intentionally putting himself in the Heisman pose or he's just the natural embodiment of the Heisman Trophy.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

greenyellow wrote:I'm now beginning to think either Marcus is intentionally putting himself in the Heisman pose or he's just the natural embodiment of the Heisman Trophy.
Or maybe it is just a natural body position when someone plays the game? Until that moron from Michigan faked it in the end zone, it was not a "pose".
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Bigwaved wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I'm now beginning to think either Marcus is intentionally putting himself in the Heisman pose or he's just the natural embodiment of the Heisman Trophy.
Or maybe it is just a natural body position when someone plays the game? Until that moron from Michigan faked it in the end zone, it was not a "pose".
You're giving that "moron" way to much credit, it was a pose way before he did it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The Design of the Heisman Trophy

Before the now-famous stiff-arm design, the Club Trophy Committee concurred that the traditional cup or bowl seemed too commonplace, lacking in distinction, and in no way emblematic of the athletic talent that was to be honored and immortalized. It was decided that the trophy would be the bronze embodiment of a muscular footballer driving for yardage.

To create this trophy, the DAC commissioned Frank Eliscu, a well-known sculptor and National Academy of Design Prize Winner. He immediately began to work, selecting Ed Smith, a leading player on the 1934 New York University football team, as his primary model. Eliscu prepared a rough clay study that was sanctioned by the DAC Committee, and sent uptown for approval by the head football coach at Fordham University, Jim Crowley, one of the legendary Four Horsemen of Notre Dame. The prototype was set up on a field, and Crowley’s players were asked to assume various positions to illustrate and verify the side step, the forward drive, and a strong-right arm thrust. The artist closely observed these action sequences and modified his clay prototype. The result was a truly lifelike simulation of a player in action. It was then duplicated in plaster—a preliminary step towards its ultimate production in bronze.

The final inspection of the cast was made after a dinner at the McAlpin Hotel on November 16, 1935, attended by Coach Elmer Layden and the entire Notre Dame football team, who had just played in a memorable 6-6 tie game with Army before 78,114 fans. Layden, another member of the Four Horsemen, and the Fighting Irish squad, was impressed by the inspired and animated realism of Eliscu’s model—which was especially noted by Wally Fromhart, Don Elser, and Wayne Millner. That evening, the 1935 Notre Dame team put its seal of approval on the new trophy.

Made from an ancient method known as the lost wax process of bronze casting, the completed sculpture weighs 45 pounds, is 14 inches long, 13½ inches in height, and 6½ inches in width. The final incarnation of the Trophy faithfully depicts a skilled and powerful football player, sidestepping and straight-arming his way to a touchdown.
http://heisman.com/sports/2014/9/10/GEN ... th=general
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

That gang tackle was the best. I didn't count, but did 8 guys tackle him?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

So Chip and the Eagles allowed Linfield to use their indoor practice facility yesterday and the Widener coach is pissed off that Chip let them do it. Apparently the guy thinks that the Novacare Center is why they lost 45-7 at home, LOL! Looks like Musgrave is in the background too.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Bigwaved wrote:
You're giving that "moron" way to much credit, it was a pose way before he did it.
I suppose you missed my point of the trophy representing a player in action. The whole "Heisman pose" talk did directly come from the moron doing it after he scored. It did not come from the process of designing the trophy. :roll:
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:So Chip and the Eagles allowed Linfield to use their indoor practice facility yesterday and the Widener coach is pissed off that Chip let them do it. Apparently the guy thinks that the Novacare Center is why they lost 45-7 at home, LOL! Looks like Musgrave is in the background too.
Very cool of Chip. Linfield is playing great right now, which is awesome especially because of what happened with Parker Moore. The community here was really shaken up, the entire thing is just tragic. One of my best friends I'd the starting TE for them as well so I'm rooting for them pretty hard.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote: Very cool of Chip. Linfield is playing great right now, which is awesome especially because of what happened with Parker Moore. The community here was really shaken up, the entire thing is just tragic. One of my best friends I'd the starting TE for them as well so I'm rooting for them pretty hard.
My great uncle is in the Linfield HOF and I've always rooted for them as I almost ended up following him, my grandfather and my uncle. I suppose its the one shade of purple I could wear! :lol: I'm really hoping they win another NC this year, especially for Parker Moore.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

HE'S A CRAZY MAN!!!!!!

https://vine.co/v/OraJaEHH2WH
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »