Quotable Quotes

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Quotable Quotes

Post by sickaduck »

There have been a lot of great quotes coming out of the program recently and I am going to start posting them in this thread as I find them. I'll lead of with this one from Mark Asper.

Statistical dominance: Oregon leads the nation in total offense (611.7 ypg), scoring offense (63 ppg), total defense (193.3 ypg) and scoring defense (4.3 ppg).
"The only statistic that coach (Chip) Kelly wants us to focus on is max effort," offensive tackle Mark Asper said. "Who leads the country in effort?"
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Quotable Quotes

Post by sickaduck »

“We’re fast, we swarm, and we’ve said we’re going to get after it better than everybody in the country,” defensive lineman Zac Clark says. “We know (nonleague competition) is not what we’ll see in the Pac-10, but a shutout’s a shutout, a win’s a win. That’s some great defense we’ve been playing, but we have a lot of improvements to make.”
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

As UO defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro says, "I would guess Brandon Bair was a great man when he was 9 years old."
FishDuck
Three Star Recruit

More Chip Kelly...

Post by FishDuck »

First of all...this one and the hot girls thread need to be pinned at the top...so we can add to both.

Chip Kelly says, "every man thinks he can do three things, drive without directions, light a charcoal fire, and coach a football team."

When told of his team being ranked #5 after three weeks....."do they give me a trophy...a three week trophy?"

Asked about the stipulations on the uniform combination...."as long as the coaches don't have to wear them."

His philosophy on Special Teams play...."can you outwork your opponent for a few seconds?"

"Vin and I have the same goals.... for University of Oregon to be the fastest team in America."

Asked what he does to help LMJ win the Heisman...."I call the plays."

Asked about an injury,..."it's day-to-day."

"Just tell us who we're going to play and we'll got out on Saturday and do our job."

"Win the Day."

FishDuck
Last edited by FishDuck on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Ted miller:

"ASU coach Dennis Erickson says he's never even seen an offense like this on PlayStation. Better watch out for the R-1 button when LaMichael James and Kenjon Barner have it. Wait, Erickson plays PlayStation? "
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: More Chip Kelly...

Post by sickaduck »

Chip Kelly says, "every man thinks he can do three things, drive without directions, light a charcoal fire, and coach a football team."

:lol:
Oh my Lord...Chip has some freakin' hilarious quotes. Ditto on the sticky, this is a thread that I will keep alive and with all the awesome quotes that come out, we shouldn't have a problem with fresh material.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Chip on playing a "weak" Tennessee team

"Tennessee comes from supposedly the best conference in the country and played in a bowl game last year," Kelly says. "It wasn't like we played the Sisters of the Poor."

Tennessee LBer Nick Reveiz: "I feel like their offense set such a tempo. As a defense you have to match that, and if you don't then you're going to get ran right by. And that's what they did to us."

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

More CK quotes...

"When you represent this university you represent it 24/7". (and yes, he said twentyfourseven, haha)

"I take my job very seriously, I dont take myself very seriously".

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Chip Kelly concerning Phil Knight: "He's the owner." Hilarious!
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

uodux1212 wrote:"When you represent this university you represent it 24/7". (and yes, he said twentyfourseven, haha)

sorry...am I missing something here :?:
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Chip Kelly to John Canzano on BFT, "Well maybe your parents didn't believe in you, John"
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

MerDuck wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:"When you represent this university you represent it 24/7". (and yes, he said twentyfourseven, haha)

Maybe. What part is confusing?
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

MerDuck wrote:

I just thought it was kinda funny that he said "twenty four seven"... taking a page from the "kids'" vernacular... maybe "twenty four seven" is more main stream now, the term was started by rappers in the mid 80's...

uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Two years ago, a lanky 17-year-old from Fresno , Calif. , stood up and addressed his teammates for the first time.

"My name is Cliff Harris, and I'm here to lock s*** down," the newest addition to the Oregon secondary said. Harris then immediately returned to his seat without uttering another word.

http://www.dailyemerald.com/sports/game ... -1.1645446

alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

uodux1212 wrote:Two years ago, a lanky 17-year-old from Fresno , Calif. , stood up and addressed his teammates for the first time.

"My name is Cliff Harris, and I'm here to lock s*** down," the newest addition to the Oregon secondary said. Harris then immediately returned to his seat without uttering another word.

http://www.dailyemerald.com/sports/game ... -1.1645446

Now that's an awesome quote. Harris is quickly becoming one of my faves!