Quotable Quotes

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Razduck
One Star Recruit

Re: Quotable Quotes

Post by Razduck »

Went to the Cooler tonight for the "Tailgate Tuesday" Show tonight. Chip Kelly was there to talk about this weeks big win over Stanford, and the match-up with the Cougs.

Jerry Allen asked Chip what it felt like to be ranked #3, his response was a question; "Can anyone tell me who was ranked #3 in the second week of October last season?" Of course nobody had an answer for the question. He said, "See, it doesn't mean a thing"!! He also said "It only matters where you are in the polls at the season's conclusion".

Jerry asked Chip about what his definition of the Spread Offense was. Chip responded; "I don't know where the phrase, Spread Offense came from. I view our offense as a Equal Opportunity Scoring Organization". Needless to say, the crowd broke out into a rousing roar of applauds.

Bottom Line: If Oregon takes care of business, their destiny will be in their own hands. That's all that matters, One Game at a Time!

LET'S GO DUCKS!!!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Razduck wrote:Went to the Cooler tonight for the "Tailgate Tuesday" Show tonight. Chip Kelly was there to talk about this weeks big win over Stanford, and the match-up with the Cougs.

Jerry Allen asked Chip what it felt like to be ranked #3, his response was a question; "Can anyone tell me who was ranked #3 in the second week of October last season?" Of course nobody had an answer for the question. He said, "See, it doesn't mean a thing"!! He also said "It only matters where you are in the polls at the season's conclusion".

Jerry asked Chip about what his definition of the Spread Offense was. Chip responded; "I don't know where the phrase, Spread Offense came from. I view our offense as a Equal Opportunity Scoring Organization". Needless to say, the crowd broke out into a rousing roar of applauds.

Bottom Line: If Oregon takes care of business, their destiny will be in their own hands. That's all that matters, One Game at a Time!
Everyone who asks about the #3 ranking has gotten the same response, "Who was ranked #3 at this time last season?" Chip sticks with his answers, but you must think he is getting tired of that kind of question.
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

That's probably why he says it. So they stop asking it, cause they know the answer already.

This from Lane Kiffin:

"We're the worst no-huddle defense in all of football." :lol:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

This quote was from Chip in my local paper regarding the time change for the Stanford game:

"If they want to play at 3:00 am, I will play at 3:00 am. I don't care".
featherbutt
Two Star Recruit

Post by featherbutt »

It was not the most high-stakes kick he's made this season. A walk-on from Fullerton, Calif., Beard had earned the kicking job in the preseason. As he was lining up a 35-yard field goal in practice on September 10, the day before the Ducks' game at Tennessee, Chip Kelly sidled up to him.

"If you make this kick," Kelly said, "I'll give you a scholarship"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ?eref=sihp
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

featherbutt wrote:It was not the most high-stakes kick he's made this season. A walk-on from Fullerton, Calif., Beard had earned the kicking job in the preseason. As he was lining up a 35-yard field goal in practice on September 10, the day before the Ducks' game at Tennessee, Chip Kelly sidled up to him.

"If you make this kick," Kelly said, "I'll give you a scholarship"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ?eref=sihp
I have a feeling that Chip was going to give him a scholarship this season regardless of making that one kick.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

"He doesn't get rattled," says Kelly. Thomas was imperturbable in Oregon's come-from-behind 48--13 rout of Tennessee, its come-from-behind win over Arizona State and its rally on Saturday. Following his second interception—a diving pick by Stanford free safety Delano Howell in the second quarter—Thomas went to the sideline and simply told Kelly, "I need to read the safety."

"Yeah, you do," came the reply. End of conversation.

From the SI article
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

"I'm not surprised by anything I do. This is a great team I get to be a part of, with a lot of great players. It's just, I'm the cheese on top of the nachos." --Cliff Harris

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/10/12/211 ... z12HJvbVaN
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

greenyellow wrote:"I'm not surprised by anything I do. This is a great team I get to be a part of, with a lot of great players. It's just, I'm the cheese on top of the nachos." --Cliff Harris

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/10/12/211 ... z12HJvbVaN
It also has made Harris one of the more popular players in the Oregon locker room, with teammates nicknaming him "Kash."

"Somebody started it and everybody ran with it," Harris said. "It's just one of those things. Maybe cause I'm money?"

:lol:

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

:lol: Cliff could have his own sub-forum of quotes.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

sickaduck wrote::lol: Cliff could have his own sub-forum of quotes.
And we still half a season left so he's bound to have more.
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

More regarding Cliff, from a Facebook fan page:

71% of the world is covered by water, the rest is covered by Cliff Harris 8-)
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:This was on Portland sports radio this afternoon:

Host: "Joey, would you rather be stuck in a mine for 69 days or go back to QB the Detroit Lions?"

Joey: *longest silence I've ever heard* "How long would I have to be QB?"
Lol, thats hilarious
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Thats funny! JOEY! JOEY!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

This is from an ESPN article about tonight's Vikings-Cowboys game:

Favre, a man who has more on his mind than football these days, was crushed by Cowboys defensive end Igor Olshansky in the third quarter. He had to literally crawl for several yards before staggering to the huddle.

"When I hit quarterbacks, they get hurt," Olshansky told me in a Russian accent that brought back images of Drago in the classic film, "Rocky IV." "It normally leaves a mark."