All Pac-12

Re: Quotable Quotes

Post by Phenom »

Dude, Cliff is badass...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I remember Reggie Williams doing the same thing at washington back in 2000. Here's to Cliff having a better college/pro career than reggie
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DBs tend to have that type of swagger since they get challenged so often during games.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

The fact that he said that to a room full of D1 lettermen is heelarious.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

Dan Patrick to CK: "President Obama......or Phil Knight. You can decided which one stands on your sideline"

CK: "Phil Knight hands down"
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

QuackSince82 wrote:Dan Patrick to CK: "President Obama......or Phil Knight. You can decided which one stands on your sideline"

Now why would he say Obama, even if he really did prefer him? ;) PK's donations to the AD is what makes Chip's job easier, particularly with recruiting!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Belloti, referreing to coaching stress, on GameDay this morning... "When I walked away, it was like a thousand pound weight hand been lifted off my shoulders... You are a coach 24/7/365 days a year. It never stops."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

QuackSince82 wrote:Dan Patrick to CK: "President Obama......or Phil Knight. You can decided which one stands on your sideline"

You forgot the rest of this quote. Chip actually said, "Phil Knight, hands down. He's the owner". Pretty funny.
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

wlduck wrote:

You forgot the rest of this quote. Chip actually said, "Phil Knight, hands down. He's the owner". Pretty funny.
Actually I nailed the quote perfectly. It comes at the very end of the interview. The line about Phil being the owner came earlier in the interview.

http://ht.cdn.turner.com/si/danpatrick/ ... erview.mp3
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

QuackSince82 wrote:
wlduck wrote:

Actually I nailed the quote perfectly. It comes at the very end of the interview. The line about Phil being the owner came earlier in the interview.

http://ht.cdn.turner.com/si/danpatrick/ ... erview.mp3

Sorry- my bad. I heard it live and just remembered that line.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Chip at halftime to Rebbecca Harlow: " It feels like a World Cup game with the fans and the injuries".
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh was asked Tuesday if he had expected his team to be as dominant (outscoring opponents 48-14) as it has been. He then quoted Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"I hate to be defended in a newspaper. As long as all that is said is said against me, I feel a certain sublime assurance of success, but as soon as honied words of praise are spoken for me, I feel as one that lies unprotected before his enemies.''

Not at a loss for honied words himself, Kelly busted out a Winston Churchill line in his press conference when asked about his team's relatively sloppy play coming in a victory, the 42-31 win at Arizona State on Saturday.

"The problems of victory are more agreeable than the problems of defeat, but they are no less difficult.''

And Costa, sounding a bit like Churchill, put it succinctly.

"Our goal is to do great things,'' he said, "and they're in our way.''

"If I was voting, after what I saw (Saturday) night, I'd vote Oregon ahead of us," Gary Patterson said. "because they were freaking awesome."
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

When asked if he was going to wear the Duck mascot head again this weekend CK said...

"NO, it smells"...

:lol:

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

sickaduck wrote:Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh was asked Tuesday if he had expected his team to be as dominant (outscoring opponents 48-14) as it has been. He then quoted Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"I hate to be defended in a newspaper. As long as all that is said is said against me, I feel a certain sublime assurance of success, but as soon as honied words of praise are spoken for me, I feel as one that lies unprotected before his enemies.''

Not at a loss for honied words himself, Kelly busted out a Winston Churchill line in his press conference when asked about his team's relatively sloppy play coming in a victory, the 42-31 win at Arizona State on Saturday.

"The problems of victory are more agreeable than the problems of defeat, but they are no less difficult.''

And Costa, sounding a bit like Churchill, put it succinctly.

"Our goal is to do great things,'' he said, "and they're in our way.''

"If I was voting, after what I saw (Saturday) night, I'd vote Oregon ahead of us," Gary Patterson said. "because they were freaking awesome."
I know he's probably say this to get his team riled up, but nonetheless, it's great to here other coaches talking about us that way.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

Oregon Athletics Director Rob Mullens said. “Chip Kelly’s track record in a short amount of time speaks volumes for his character, integrity and ability to lead this program to a new set of standards. It became clear before my arrival at Oregon that retaining him to head the university’s football program was a priority. This is an investment in the future success of Oregon athletics and an investment in retaining one of the brightest college coaches in the country.”

Bam, Lock it up :D