Quotable Quotes

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

autzenzoo
Three Star Recruit

Re: Quotable Quotes

Post by autzenzoo »

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id ... n-contrast
During the Pac-10 teleconference Tuesday, Harbaugh told a parable about stone cutters and quoted Ralph Waldo Emerson. Kelly opened his news conference after the Ducks' victory this past Saturday over Arizona State by replying "Sure," to a 200-word question (It was funny).
:lol:
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

autzenzoo wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id ... n-contrast
During the Pac-10 teleconference Tuesday, Harbaugh told a parable about stone cutters and quoted Ralph Waldo Emerson. Kelly opened his news conference after the Ducks' victory this past Saturday over Arizona State by replying "Sure," to a 200-word question (It was funny).

Haha. You beat me to it. I just read that and though it belonged over here. :lol:

Very funny.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

spinseeker wrote:

Haha. You beat me to it. I just read that and though it belonged over here. :lol:

Very funny.
The best part of that press conference was Chip's answer to what we needed to do to be successful against Luck: "25 interceptions". :lol: Freakin classic.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just as you would expect Kelly to answer a question like that.
BetaDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by BetaDuck »

"The Ducks impose their physicality in a far different way. They use their blinding speed to make teams cave mentally (see Tennessee) by believing that they just can't keep up. Notice I didn't say "finesse." Oregon will bring the lumber. It's just the speed and tempo that ultimately break its opponents."

- ESPN's Bruce Feldman, College Gameday Kickoff
BetaDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by BetaDuck »

BetaDuck wrote:"The Ducks impose their physicality in a far different way. They use their blinding speed to make teams cave mentally (see Tennessee) by believing that they just can't keep up. Notice I didn't say "finesse." Oregon will bring the lumber. It's just the speed and tempo that ultimately break its opponents."

- ESPN's Bruce Feldman, College Gameday Kickoff
Correction, that was Rece Davis. My fault.
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Ted Miller's prediction:

Oregon 41, Stanford 35: The Ducks had a "We just pounded USC" hangover early in last year's game. That won't be the case this year. Two things swing this to the Ducks: 1. Speedy players making big plays in space; 2. The frenzied Autzen horde.
:mrgreen:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id ... ons-week-5

Notice the plane that we flew on?
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

goducks wrote: The frenzied Autzen horde.
:D

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

CK on the game this weekend...

We’ve got a huge home-field advantage, and we hope our crowd’s behind us,” he added. “The one thing I talked about last week was winning on the road is really difficult, and thank goodness we’re home (now). It’s going to be great game. Stanford is a really good football team.”

Hell yes! Lets get it on...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

uodux1212 wrote:
Hell Yeah! Unleash a Horde that would make even Mordor jealous. (LotR FTW)
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

sickaduck wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:
Hell Yeah! Unleash a Horde that would make even Mordor jealous. (LotR FTW)
I was more thinking Viking horde (storming out of the north), but Sauron/Morgoth works too (yes LotR is win)
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

Jon Gruden on Oregon's offense:

“I was so eager to learn it, I almost took the job,” said Gruden, who turned down a shot to become Kelly’s offensive coordinator to become an ESPN analyst. “My wife said, ‘Are you the craziest human being alive, you want to move to Oregon to learn an offense?’

“I said: ‘But Cindy, it’s the Oregon spread. It’s unbelievable.’ She didn’t see it from my point of view.”
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

spinseeker wrote:Jon Gruden on Oregon's offense:

“I was so eager to learn it, I almost took the job,” said Gruden, who turned down a shot to become Kelly’s offensive coordinator to become an ESPN analyst. “My wife said, ‘Are you the craziest human being alive, you want to move to Oregon to learn an offense?’

“I said: ‘But Cindy, it’s the Oregon spread. It’s unbelievable.’ She didn’t see it from my point of view.”
She does not know what she is talking about, Oregon is beautiful! Heck, leave her behind and re-consider! :D

Notice the plane that we flew on?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

goducks wrote:
spinseeker wrote:Jon Gruden on Oregon's offense:

She does not know what she is talking about, Oregon is beautiful! Heck, leave her behind and re-consider! :D
It's hard to trade in Florida for Oregon. Plus they have kids in high school down there so I don't think she wanted to uproot them either.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Great quote fro ESPN...

"-- He Who Shall Not Be Named can now be named. Jeremiah Masoli? Neh. The "oh, what might have been!" is gone. Oregon doesn't need him. Sure, the Ducks offense ran at ludicrous speed with him last year. But their 2010 spread-option offense is running at double-secret ludicrous speed. "

:lol: :lol: ...Classic
GO DUCKS!! WTD!