Verdell has 963 yards this season...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Verdell has 963 yards this season...

Post by woundedknees »

Stay healthy and get at least another 37 in the Rose Bowl!

Man, if he stays healthy next year and can become a consistent 100+ yard/game back, it would be a huge boon to the Ducks!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckfan96
Senior

Re: Verdell has 963 yards this season...

Post by duckfan96 »

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Yeah that 963 was before last night. What a monster game he had.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I underestimated Verdell this season, he had a. Couple of big games and put on a real show last night. He appears small and I was not a fan of the pound it in the line running mentally. He is small, 5’9” but 210lbs which equals hard to bring down. Nearly 1200 yards with a game to go..... my apologies for not believing. Now I want to figure out who took both Arroyo and Cristabol by the shoulders and shook them until they agreed to turn Herbert’s running game loose, lol.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

He'd easily have 500+ more yards if he wasn't sharing carries with so many other backs, mainly Dye. I do understand that a 2 back system is necessary in this era. Still, he's a very good RB.
John 3:36
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:I underestimated Verdell this season, he had a. Couple of big games and put on a real show last night. He appears small and I was not a fan of the pound it in the line running mentally. He is small, 5’9” but 210lbs which equals hard to bring down. Nearly 1200 yards with a game to go..... my apologies for not believing. Now I want to figure out who took both Arroyo and Cristabol by the shoulders and shook them until they agreed to turn Herbert’s running game loose, lol.
Mario has said multiple times that Herbert has the green light to run. Herbert made a business decision to not run much this year.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Verdell is a very talented back, and last night may have been the best version of himself. Made himself small through the line and bounced off defenders. Depending on what pro hype he gets after next season, he has a legitimate shot at running for 1,000 yards in four separate seasons.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:I underestimated Verdell this season, he had a. Couple of big games and put on a real show last night. He appears small and I was not a fan of the pound it in the line running mentally. He is small, 5’9” but 210lbs which equals hard to bring down. Nearly 1200 yards with a game to go..... my apologies for not believing. Now I want to figure out who took both Arroyo and Cristabol by the shoulders and shook them until they agreed to turn Herbert’s running game loose, lol.
Mario has said multiple times that Herbert has the green light to run. Herbert made a business decision to not run much this year.
I done disagree with your theory on Herbert taking his run element out of his game himself but we really don’t know what happens behind closed doors. How much was it Herbert? Arroyo? Cristabol? How much of it was a collarbone injury? NFL $? We can only guess.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

StevensTechU wrote:Verdell is a very talented back, and last night may have been the best version of himself. Made himself small through the line and bounced off defenders. Depending on what pro hype he gets after next season, he has a legitimate shot at running for 1,000 yards in four separate seasons.
Verdell runs so hard. I forget he is only a sophomore, he may we’ll end up being great the next couple of years.