Older interview with CK...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Older interview with CK...

Post by woundedknees »

Just before he became the 'coach-in-waiting'.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/s ... 2869814800

Interesting note about the hiring process that brought Chip here:

UO graduate assistant Eddy Morrisey sat in on the interviews, already armed with some knowledge of Kelly. Morrisey grew up 20 minutes away from Kelly in New Hampshire, met him while serving as graduate assistant at Plymouth State College and coached against him while an assistant at Massachusetts.

“They asked my opinion,” Morrisey remembers, “and I said, ‘You’d be foolish if you didn’t hire this guy.’

“It’s his knowledge of football, his ability to teach and ability to work with kids. He does more with less than anybody I’ve been around. He’s just a football junkie. These people have no idea how lucky they are to have him here. He’s just good.”

And another about Chip's offensive philosophy:

“If I would leave to go to another school and they didn’t have an athletic quarterback and receivers, but they had a fullback and tight ends, you’d be stupid to try to change them,” he says. “Everything’s personnel-driven.”

For now, Kelly likes Oregon. His soon-to-be wife likes it here. They have two cats. He likes the greenery and he likes his fellow UO employees.

The people here? Well, “they’re slower,” the East Coast native says. “We talk faster and we drive faster.”
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

ivegottabigduck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Older interview with CK...

Post by ivegottabigduck »

That is the interview I remember when CK said he would change his scheme if personel dictated. I got in a few tiffs with some EDUCK people who seemed to think CK was not flexible.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Re: Older interview with CK...

Post by 5$ »

Good read, thanks for the link wounded.