MoMo signs with the Lions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

MoMo signs with the Lions

Post by pdxduck »

Good for him getting the signing out of the way on the first day of free agency.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NF ... 022709.htm

The Lions have come to terms with former Seahawks RB Maurice Morris on a three-year deal worth nearly $7 million, NFL Network is reporting.

Morris had his moments in Seattle, starting 22 games the past four seasons, but he is considered injury-prone and limited. He’s expected to back up Kevin Smith, who ran very well in the final eight games last season.

In 604 career carries, Morris has averaged a healthy 4.3 yards, but his longest career run is 34 yards and he has only five TDs in seven seasons. Morris also is a bit fumble-prone, but he’s fairly versatile and is a decent safety-valve receiver.

Morris also has been used as a punt and kick returner before but hasn’t done either extensively since 2004.
ducksrock
Senior

Re: MoMo signs with the Lions

Post by ducksrock »

The Lions.....? That is not a good place to be..The team sucks...well, ass....The fans suck...well, ass....
I wish Mo the best, but damn, Detroit is such a piss poor program, that it doesnt really matter...
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

i agree the team sucks but it shiows u have no clue by saying the fans suck as well. Despite how bad the Lions have been they have sold out ford field all throughout the Millan era until the end of this year. Say what you want about how bad the team is but you couldnt be more wrong about the fans
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Penky..No, I am NOT a Lions fan..But, I have followed their forums and the fans on the forums pissed and moaned about everything from the QB, to the offensive line, to the head coach, the entire defense, and also the owners...They want em all canned...How does one can the owners...? Its beyond me...
That, is why I reference the poor fans...The mere fact that they show up to the games, I have no answer for...They have in the past bitched about everything and every body...And that, in my opinion is not representative of a good fan base..
But then again, I only followed the Lions thruout the Joey H time period..I could care less about the team otherwise...
I dont live in Michigan...And truly have no interest in the team otherwise....
Now, that being said, I have experienced a game at The Big House....and was extremely impressed with the fans, the atmosphere, and the entire experience (even though the Ducks took it to em, at their home field, the adversity did not rub off onto the fans). They were all friendly and hospitable....Yeah, fans were callin for Lloyd Carrs head, but they had been doin that for some time....
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

...and Morris' career comes to an end.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

The Lions are the worst ... looks like MoMo has decided to end his career
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Playing behind that line could prove painful...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

Not to quibble penky, but the Lions stadium seats 65,000 and reportedly averaged 54,497 this past season. But I sure noticed more than 10,000 empty seats while watching to see if they could pull off the 0-16 feat. And if you recall they were in danger of having their Thanksgiving game blacked out in Detroit because it wasn't a sell out until a couple days before the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendanc ... &year=2008
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

ducksrock wrote:Penky..No, I am NOT a Lions fan..But, I have followed their forums and the fans on the forums pissed and moaned about everything from the QB, to the offensive line, to the head coach, the entire defense, and also the owners...They want em all canned...How does one can the owners...? Its beyond me...
That, is why I reference the poor fans...The mere fact that they show up to the games, I have no answer for...They have in the past bitched about everything and every body...And that, in my opinion is not representative of a good fan base..
But then again, I only followed the Lions thruout the Joey H time period..I could care less about the team otherwise...
Now, that being said, I have experienced a game at The Big House....and was extremely impressed with the fans, the atmosphere, and the entire experience (even though the Ducks took it to em, at their home field, the adversity did not rub off onto the fans). They were all friendly and hospitable....Yeah, fans were callin for Lloyd Carrs head, but they had been doin that for some time....
Sounds a lot like the Duck boards last October. ;)
midwestduck82
Three Star Recruit

Post by midwestduck82 »

ducksrock wrote:Penky..No, I am NOT a Lions fan..But, I have followed their forums and the fans on the forums pissed and moaned about everything from the QB, to the offensive line, to the head coach, the entire defense, and also the owners...They want em all canned...How does one can the owners...? Its beyond me...
I am a Lions fan. You say that people have complained about the Lions' O line, QB, defense, owners, and coach. They do this because all are needed for a change and need I say "the worst team in NFL history" this past year. It is a horrible program because of the owners and the GM. Millen was horrible forever and the owners did nothing because the fans are that dedicated (Millen even said this). The money and time needed to change the program were never considered because the fans were always there. Now they are not because it is a stand to see some changes. If the Lions pick up some decent offensive linemen this year, they will have a good offense.

Joey came in at the worst time to be a Lion. Morris is coming in at the best time to be a Lion in a decade.

Now, your idea of Michigan fans is completely wrong. They are some of the worst fans in college football. They preach about winning the most games in college football history but talked about Chad Henne and Mike Hart their senior seasons like they were rookies that need to prove themselves. After Oregon whaled them in 07 I heard on several occasions "I can't believe that a team that has never won a National Championship came into the Big House and beat us like that", "That team didn't have any right to be here. Henne and Hart let us down", and the various complaints about a coach that got them a National Championship. This last year they were demanding Carr return even though they hadn't even seen part of what Rich Rod could be at Michigan.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

I had a lot to say but after reading midwestduck, he was 100% on the money with everything I planned on saying. Only thing I will add is characterizing an entire fanbase based on some idiots on a message board is really not the way to go. Imagine what people would think of Ducks fans if they consistently went to the olive boards
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

ford field: where great ducks go to die? i mean congrats to MoMo but that franchise is a complete mess. i guess all we can do is hope for the best...
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

goducks75 wrote:ford field: where great ducks go to die? i mean congrats to MoMo but that franchise is a complete mess. i guess all we can do is hope for the best...
I agree...100%...
As for the Lions fans, lighten up....I do not profess to be an expert on Michigan fans, nor do I wish to be..However, with my limited exposure to the fans at the Michigan/Oregon games (both at Autzen and The Big House) I was very impressed with the class that I saw......Even though they lost both games..I heard zero trash talk about the Ducks....
And as for the Lions forums, I didnt see ANYTHING other than bickering and bitching.....I left the forums........
As for the Lions fans...We wish ya the best of luck..You are gonna need it....Its been since 2000 that the team has even had a winning season..lol, let alone be competitive.....
Myself, I am gonna pull for MoMo, but that's it...
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

In other duck alumni news, looks like Igor Olshansky is heading to the Cowboys.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Ya but to the Lions? The freaking Lions?? Uh-oh mo-mo. :o
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine