Ducks after Australian Center

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Ducks after Australian Center

Post by mattc94 »

Apparently Altman is busy recruiting an post player from Down Under, according to 247. According to the article he has "motivational issues. Didn't Kent already go this route with another prospect, Crosswhite I believe his name was. That one didn't work out that well......
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Ducks after Australian Center

Post by pudgejeff »

mattc94 wrote:Apparently Altman is busy recruiting an post player from Down Under, according to 247. According to the article he has "motivational issues. Didn't Kent already go this route with another prospect, Crosswhite I believe his name was. That one didn't work out that well......
You don't think Crosswhite worked out well?
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

pudgejeff wrote:
mattc94 wrote:Apparently Altman is busy recruiting an post player from Down Under, according to 247. According to the article he has "motivational issues. Didn't Kent already go this route with another prospect, Crosswhite I believe his name was. That one didn't work out that well......
You don't think Crosswhite worked out well?
My memory may be wrong but didn't he leave the team. Or am I thinking of someone else?
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

He was booted for multiple failed drug tests
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

NT
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

cordy02c wrote:He was booted for multiple failed drug tests
Yes, but not until late in his career after he was quite good.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

"Harry Froling has great hands and is constantly finds himself around the ball on offense and in rebounding situations. He has a solid frame and is supremely skilled for his size. He is extremely talented but his effort varies. He dropped a significant amount of weight over the past 9 months while attending the AIS which helped him be one of the better players for the Australian U17 team. Froling’s skills cannot be doubted, but his limiting factor will be his mental approach to the game. If he can control his emotions, Froling could be a terrific college player."

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

pudgejeff wrote:
cordy02c wrote:He was booted for multiple failed drug tests
Yes, but not until late in his career after he was quite good.
Rumors were always that the dude loved him some cocaine. IIRC he was frequently seen at the frat house most known for coke back in the day.

He wasn't a total flop but his inconsistency was just maddening. He was a legit 7 footer who, when he wanted to, could play in the paint and on the outside. A shame that he didn't reach his full potential. He could have been a Matt Bonner type guy. Not an all star by any means but a 10 year NBA guy.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i think crosswhite is one of, if not the only, true post player to average double digit points in the ernie era. been awhile at this point so I could be wrong, but i know there weren't many. and by "true post player" i'm obviously not referencing maarty leunen, who was amazeballs but not exactly a true big.

xwhite could score on just about anyone. really nice moves in the paint. loved that screen and pop he ran with rid his freshman year. unguardable. of course, he could barely dunk, really sucked at rebounding, and labored up and down the court like shaquille o'neal near retirement, but if we're talking strictly offensive game, he was a nice little player. put in two productive years, then got booted that season when malik and taylor and leunen were all freshmen.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wants to visit Oregon in September, and try to decide in November.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Wants to visit Oregon in September, and try to decide in November.
Everything I find on him says he's a class of 2016 recruit so it doesn't sound as if he's going to play college ball next season based on that.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Wants to visit Oregon in September, and try to decide in November.
Everything I find on him says he's a class of 2016 recruit so it doesn't sound as if he's going to play college ball next season based on that.
Yes, that's my understanding too. Still would be great to land him for next year.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With the players Altman is after, it feels like he may be set for this upcoming season but starting to fill out the 2016-17 roster.