Arizona @ Oregon (Sat 7:15 pm ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Arizona @ Oregon (Sat 7:15 pm ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

Big time win for Oregon. Got big contributions from all their experienced guys, especially Brown and McIntosh.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Combined .787 FT%
Odds are not high of that happening.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... eeThrowPct
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Phew...
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

great comeback win, never giving up when Arizona kept going on their runs. What a night of basketball with ducks comeback win and blazers coming back from 15 in fourth quarter to win by two on dame's layup with .9 seconds left.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

RPI is now at 73, win vs WSU and UW, and we should move up another 10 spots or so, and win a tournament game and we should be right there for a NCAA bid but it will be close.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow wrote:Have to agree with Walton that Arizona going away from Ayton killed them at the end of regulation and OT. He was killing the Ducks and he's been quiet ever since Oregon went on that big run.
Once again Lorenzo shows why he's the best coach to see on the opposing sideline.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Emmert is the biggest p*ssy, and a complete POS as the head of the NCAA. I have to agree with Walton, in saying the NBA would have quick statement on something of this magnitude, why not the NCAA? Leaving it up to the teams to determine how to move forward? Spineless bimbo pimp. Business as usual. I get compliance needs to be addressed, but he almost seems ho hum. Can he not sound the least bit concerned? He speaks political BS and dances around issues. Hey, but great win by the Ducks!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Everythingsducky wrote:Emmert is the biggest p*ssy, and a complete POS as the head of the NCAA. I have to agree with Walton, in saying the NBA would have quick statement on something of this magnitude, why not the NCAA? Leaving it up to the teams to determine how to move forward? Spineless bimbo pimp. Business as usual. I get compliance needs to be addressed, but he almost seems ho hum. Can he not sound the least bit concerned? He speaks political BS and dances around issues. Hey, but great win by the Ducks!
You realize the NCAA has no true power right? I understand everything you are saying but they cant enforce anything right now
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Emmert is the biggest p*ssy, and a complete POS as the head of the NCAA. I have to agree with Walton, in saying the NBA would have quick statement on something of this magnitude, why not the NCAA? Leaving it up to the teams to determine how to move forward? Spineless bimbo pimp. Business as usual. I get compliance needs to be addressed, but he almost seems ho hum. Can he not sound the least bit concerned? He speaks political BS and dances around issues. Hey, but great win by the Ducks!
You realize the NCAA has no true power right? I understand everything you are saying but they cant enforce anything right now
My memory of the Cam Newton Affair was that the NCAA did rule him ineligible for a period of time so there are some steps they seemingly could take but won't. The whole thing is a charade though so perhaps the one investigation the FBI can do correctly will shed more light on all of this. Otherwise what good is the NCAA if they can't maintain the level of amateurism required?

Frankly if it's acceptable to put a cap on the student athletes compensation than it's more than time to put a cap on coaches compensation. If they want to be paid more than there are professional leagues they can go to and if you feel it's illegal to put a cap on coaches than you have to agree there should be no cap for a student athlete.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Altman and I share similar sentiments on Elijah Brown. He could score 30 per game the rest of the season while leading Oregon back to the final four and I’d still despise him as a player.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Duck07 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
My memory of the Cam Newton Affair was that the NCAA did rule him ineligible for a period of time so there are some steps they seemingly could take but won't. The whole thing is a charade though so perhaps the one investigation the FBI can do correctly will shed more light on all of this. Otherwise what good is the NCAA if they can't maintain the level of amateurism required?

Frankly if it's acceptable to put a cap on the student athletes compensation than it's more than time to put a cap on coaches compensation. If they want to be paid more than there are professional leagues they can go to and if you feel it's illegal to put a cap on coaches than you have to agree there should be no cap for a student athlete.
Newton'$ suspension was over before it began.

Carrington lost a ridiculous amount of time, beginning with the nc game. Appeals (ultimately worthless), took months , and that was over pot.

The $cam appeal was over so fast it made your head spin.

The disparity in speed was outrageous, considering that $cam already showed questionable ethics while at Florida.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Duck24 wrote:Altman and I share similar sentiments on Elijah Brown. He could score 30 per game the rest of the season while leading Oregon back to the final four and I’d still despise him as a player.
I mean, Altman has the power to sit him.
DuckfanQuigs
High School Drop Out

Post by DuckfanQuigs »

yeah...that fouls was so out there...my wife stood up next to me and yelled at him to pull his head out of his butt!!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Too bad Oregon couldn’t have pulled off at least one win over usc Or UCLA last week.

But great win for sure! Nice to see the crowd finally involved and influencing an outcome of a game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13