Savannah State @ #23 Oregon (Sat 3 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Savannah State @ #23 Oregon (Sat 3 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Savannah State @ #23 Oregon (Sat 3 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by Phenom »

UCLA looks really good. The Pac-12 might be more difficult than originally thought.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Dorsey has looked great so far in the first half with 20 points and 5 rebounds.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon wins 128-58 on the strength of Dorsey's 29 points and Brooks following with 22. Oregon set new single-game records for scoring, scoring at MKA, and FGs made. Jordan Bell provided one highlight with this off-the-backboard dunk late in the game.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon wins 128-58 with Dorsey leading the way with 29 points and Brooks following with 22. Jordan Bell provided one highlight with this off-the-backboard dunk late in the game.
Thanks for the post, I heard this while driving and wanted to see it. Not sure how necessary it was, #showboat :lol: , but it looked like wanting to be on ESPN.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

Alan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Oregon wins 128-58 with Dorsey leading the way with 29 points and Brooks following with 22. Jordan Bell provided one highlight with this off-the-backboard dunk late in the game.
Thanks for the post, I heard this while driving and wanted to see it. Not sure how necessary it was, #showboat :lol: , but it looked like wanting to be on ESPN.
No way, when I guy that can dunk gets a uncontested break away I always expect/hope for something amazing. That wasn't really that great pretty basic really. That won't make sports center
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Pritchard had 13 assists, he's really emerging as a strong PG for this team. Nothing against Benson, but this team has a higher ceiling with Pritchard as starting PG. He just needs to continue to improve with taking care of the ball and committing less unnecessary fouls which he'll do, but I'm really liking what I've seen from him so far. Even with a weak opponent, 13 assists from a true freshman is pretty remarkable, let alone this early in the season! Looks like after the rough start this team is back on track, hopefully the team we saw today is the team we see for the rest of the season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Even given the opponent (and the fact that Savannah St. had two starters suspended for the game), it's nice to see the Ducks dominate like that. You don't see 70 point victory margins too often, or 70 points in one half.

Now they can focus on finals week before getting back on the court vs. Alabama next Sunday afternoon.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Pritchard had 13 assists, he's really emerging as a strong PG for this team. Nothing against Benson, but this team has a higher ceiling with Pritchard as starting PG. He just needs to continue to improve with taking care of the ball and committing less unnecessary fouls which he'll do, but I'm really liking what I've seen from him so far. Even with a weak opponent, 13 assists from a true freshman is pretty remarkable, let alone this early in the season! Looks like after the rough start this team is back on track, hopefully the team we saw today is the team we see for the rest of the season!

13 assists is impressive. It's fun to watch games lik this, but like others mentioned it was against a short-handed Savannah State team. Hopefully the confidence and team chemistry though is better after these last two games. Alabama will be a better test.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Pritchard had 13 assists, he's really emerging as a strong PG for this team. Nothing against Benson, but this team has a higher ceiling with Pritchard as starting PG. He just needs to continue to improve with taking care of the ball and committing less unnecessary fouls which he'll do, but I'm really liking what I've seen from him so far. Even with a weak opponent, 13 assists from a true freshman is pretty remarkable, let alone this early in the season! Looks like after the rough start this team is back on track, hopefully the team we saw today is the team we see for the rest of the season!

I want to see his 3 point shots fall. We're going to need it when conference play starts. I thought he was supposed to be a great shooter?
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Phenom wrote:

I want to see his 3 point shots fall. We're going to need it when conference play starts. I thought he was supposed to be a great shooter?
I'd just call it an off night. I think he hit his last one.