Alabama @ #24 Oregon (Sunday 3 PM ESPNU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Alabama @ #24 Oregon (Sunday 3 PM ESPNU)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Re: Alabama @ #24 Oregon (Sunday 3 PM ESPNU)

Post by UofDuck »

Looking forward to it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon had a nice first half but could have easily had a much larger lead if they wouldn't have gone scoreless for nearly 5 minutes. Now they're trailing in the 2nd half due to similar issues. For a variety of reasons, the offense has tended to stagnate this year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ennis with the big 3-pointer to give Oregon the lead with just over a minute left, 59-56. Way closer than this game needed to be.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Big shot from Brooks to give the Ducks a 5 point lead with about 40 seconds left.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon hits their FTs down the stretch and get the 65-56 win. It's a good win but one that I doubt Dana will be completely happy with.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

The offense looks ugly at times. We need someone to drive to the basket more often.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

Looked pretty good in the first half.. Didn't come to play in the second half, lucky to have pulled that off. Hall for bama must have had 8 dunks on our guys. Wasn't looking good for awhile!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

BTJ201 wrote:Looked pretty good in the first half.. Didn't come to play in the second half, lucky to have pulled that off. Hall for bama must have had 8 dunks on our guys. Wasn't looking good for awhile!
Yeah first half was great, but our interior defense in the second half was awful.

And we still don't have a guy who can drive to the hoop. Our offense needs to get better by Pac-12 play.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

it's the elgin cook effect, i tell you. i know he was first team all pac 12 last year, but he was an extremely underrated cog in the machine. he was basically unguardable once he developed that jumper.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

oregontrack wrote:it's the elgin cook effect, i tell you. i know he was first team all pac 12 last year, but he was an extremely underrated cog in the machine. he was basically unguardable once he developed that jumper.
Both him and Benjamin were so underrated for the team last year. They both provided leadership and stability to the team when games started to turn out of favor, and Benjamin had a ton of clutch shots that we're struggling to get this year.

Brooks has been playing better, but he's not a do-it-all kind of player that we can just force the ball to every night when it gets close. Ennis has started to look better after a slow start. We'll need him to be a leader in P12 play.

Boucher and Dorsey are two guys I'm becoming more disappointed with. They're good players, but they haven't taken a leap in development and consistency that I was hoping for. One of them needs to fill the leadership vacuum in the coming months.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Lightning Strikes wrote:
oregontrack wrote:it's the elgin cook effect, i tell you. i know he was first team all pac 12 last year, but he was an extremely underrated cog in the machine. he was basically unguardable once he developed that jumper.
Both him and Benjamin were so underrated for the team last year. They both provided leadership and stability to the team when games started to turn out of favor, and Benjamin had a ton of clutch shots that we're struggling to get this year.

Brooks has been playing better, but he's not a do-it-all kind of player that we can just force the ball to every night when it gets close. Ennis has started to look better after a slow start. We'll need him to be a leader in P12 play.

Boucher and Dorsey are two guys I'm becoming more disappointed with. They're good players, but they haven't taken a leap in development and consistency that I was hoping for. One of them needs to fill the leadership vacuum in the coming months.
I think Dorsey has improved a ton.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

yeah dorsey started slow but he's been shooting great the last 4-5 games.

in general, i think we've just come to romanticize last year's team. they had a great record and did great in the tourney, but last year's team was not god's gift to offensive efficiency. they were stagnant a lot of the time. they had a lot of rough patches. they were very inconsistent from range. we really gelled after last year's bay area trip fiasco and i think a lot of people forget about many of the season-long problems. i see a lot of the same problems popping up this year, and without that one guy who could break a bad spell single handily (cook), we're still working on how to do it as a team.

i think 8-2 is pretty good, considering. baylor has been unbelievable, that's a completely acceptable loss. and we have some nice wins. uconn beat syracuse, valpo took out a ranked rhode island team on the road. my hope is alabama can take advantage of a weak sec and pile up some wins. tennessee, too.

ucla looks great right now, and i think they're the clear frontrunner (at the moment). but oregon should be right there, still in the mix for a very high seed.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

oregontrack wrote:yeah dorsey started slow but he's been shooting great the last 4-5 games.

in general, i think we've just come to romanticize last year's team. they had a great record and did great in the tourney, but last year's team was not god's gift to offensive efficiency. they were stagnant a lot of the time. they had a lot of rough patches. they were very inconsistent from range. we really gelled after last year's bay area trip fiasco and i think a lot of people forget about many of the season-long problems. i see a lot of the same problems popping up this year, and without that one guy who could break a bad spell single handily (cook), we're still working on how to do it as a team.

i think 8-2 is pretty good, considering. baylor has been unbelievable, that's a completely acceptable loss. and we have some nice wins. uconn beat syracuse, valpo took out a ranked rhode island team on the road. my hope is alabama can take advantage of a weak sec and pile up some wins. tennessee, too.

ucla looks great right now, and i think they're the clear frontrunner (at the moment). but oregon should be right there, still in the mix for a very high seed.
It took a last second block for UNC to beat Tennessee.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

Phenom wrote:
Lightning Strikes wrote:

I think Dorsey has improved a ton.
I think he looks like the same player from the end of last season, which is a good thing, but I'm not seeing much improvement beyond that.