UNLV @ #22 Oregon (Sat 8 PM ESPN 2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: UNLV @ #22 Oregon (Sat 8 PM ESPN 2)

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duckattack7 wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:UNLV is totally incompetent. This game had more to do with the total incompetence of UNLV than anything the Ducks did, so reading too much positive into it would probably be a mistake. This same UNLV team lost to a mediocre Arizona State team by 24 and to Duke by close to 50. Letting UNLV hang around for a half before pulling away for a 20 point victory isn't anything to get overly excited about.
We also didn't have our best player.... And were caught in foul trouble early
Look I like Boucher as much as anyone, but he's not our best player.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I'll be there with a good friend of mine who runs a cool Ducks website :-P
:D

Yeah Oregon played OK, but UNLV played terrible. I loved our post defense though all night. Nothing was easy for UNLV inside.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Whatever may happen vs. UCLA next week, I definitely liked what I saw at the Moda Center (in person) Sat. night. UNLV was pretty much lights out at the free throw line in the first half, and Mooring just hit some insane 3-pointers in the second half, all of which kept UNLV closer than they otherwise would have been. And we did it all without Boucher (whose injury doesn't appear to be serious, fortunately; sounds like the hope is that he'll return for UCLA), and won the rebounding battle by 16 despite his absence. And every matchup is different, so comparing margins of victories with other teams vs. the same opponent doesn't necessarily mean squat. I also noted that Altman's post-game comments were pretty positive, and he can be pretty hard to please.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Greenblood wrote:Whatever may happen vs. UCLA next week, I definitely liked what I saw at the Moda Center (in person) Sat. night. UNLV was pretty much lights out at the free throw line in the first half, and Mooring just hit some insane 3-pointers in the second half, all of which kept UNLV closer than they otherwise would have been. And we did it all without Boucher (whose injury doesn't appear to be serious, fortunately; sounds like the hope is that he'll return for UCLA), and won the rebounding battle by 16 despite his absence. And every matchup is different, so comparing margins of victories with other teams vs. the same opponent doesn't necessarily mean squat. I also noted that Altman's post-game comments were pretty positive, and he can be pretty hard to please.
That is the way I thought Bell would be playing all season! Good footwork and post moves. Looked more into the game than he has the past few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I didn't catch a lot of this game so I probably shouldn't be weighing in at all but did we actually play better with Boucher out of the lineup? Bell had an incredibly efficient game being able to just play in the post and things just seemed to flow much better offensively.

Again, I only caught about half of the second half but so I'm probably crazy but that was the initial impression I got while watching. The stagnation and forced nature of things offensively seemed to be gone.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:UNLV is totally incompetent. This game had more to do with the total incompetence of UNLV than anything the Ducks did, so reading too much positive into it would probably be a mistake. This same UNLV team lost to a mediocre Arizona State team by 24 and to Duke by close to 50. Letting UNLV hang around for a half before pulling away for a 20 point victory isn't anything to get overly excited about.
We also didn't have our best player.... And were caught in foul trouble early
Look I like Boucher as much as anyone, but he's not our best player.
So far this season yes he has been imo. Who do you think has been better because brooks has yet to reach full speed in my opinion.
Return Of the Quack!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I didn't catch a lot of this game so I probably shouldn't be weighing in at all but did we actually play better with Boucher out of the lineup? Bell had an incredibly efficient game being able to just play in the post and things just seemed to flow much better offensively.

Again, I only caught about half of the second half but so I'm probably crazy but that was the initial impression I got while watching. The stagnation and forced nature of things offensively seemed to be gone.
UNLV didn't have much interior scoring at all. Yes we played good, but UNLV is not good.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13