#2 UCLA @ #20 Oregon (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Big time.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: #2 UCLA @ #20 Oregon (Dec 28 Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Some fun stats:
-0 Oregon starters are shooting 40% from the arc or better. All of UCLA's starters are shooting better than 40% from the arc.
-UCLA averages 24 apg to 12 topg. Oregon 16 apg to 14 topg.
-UCLA averages 97 ppg. Oregon 78.

Oregon is going to have to have their best game of the year to win.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: #2 UCLA @ #20 Oregon (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

They're gonna need more than their best game of the season, cause they could play their best game of the season and still lose against this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Their home win streak will come to an end, I don't see Oregon all of a sudden turning things around and UCLA doing the opposite. Oregon is a good team but no where near being the over hyped top 5 team we all hoped it would be, UCLA on the other hand is legit. Oregon will still compete in conference and make the tournament but I don't see a deep run with this team at this point, when Boucher returns that will help but Brooks is not looking like he is going to be the same player he was last season, the only real improvement I think has been from Bell. Shooting has been terrible all around and there has been a lack of consistency and cohesiveness from the team and individually.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Not gunna lie, I don't have a good feeling about this game, or season for that matter, and I'm usually the optimist. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

UCLA is down right scary on offense. However, their defense is suspect. I don't think they are going to roll over us like everyone is predicting. Oregon and Arizona have the best defense in the conference right now, and it is not close. UCLA is in the bottom 3 for defense. I think Oregon is finally going to put up some points in this game and it will be closer than most think.....one or two basket game.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

UCLA is definitely the offensive gauntlet right now, leading the country in offensive efficiency (Ducks are 84th). On the other hand, the Bruins are 83rd in defensive efficiency, while the Ducks are 20th.

I certainly won't be surprised if the Bruins win this Wednesday at MKA. It also wouldn't surprise me to see the Ducks turn around and beat UCLA in LA in February. I definitely think it's way too early to make pronouncements about how disappointing this season is going to be when we've seen how Altman's teams consistently play their best basketball in February-March.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Greenblood wrote:UCLA is definitely the offensive gauntlet right now, leading the country in offensive efficiency (Ducks are 84th). On the other hand, the Bruins are 83rd in defensive efficiency, while the Ducks are 20th.

I certainly won't be surprised if the Bruins win this Wednesday at MKA. It also wouldn't surprise me to see the Ducks turn around and beat UCLA in LA in February. I definitely think it's way too early to make pronouncements about how disappointing this season is going to be when we've seen how Altman's teams consistently play their best basketball in February-March.
Exactly this. Especially since they played half their games without the best player in the lineup. Once Brooks rounds into shape, and if the light goes on in Pritchard and a few of the new guys heads they should be formidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

This is the Oregon we expected to see.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Unfortunate last three minutes or so of the half, but I can't say I'm surprised that the Ducks have controlled much of the game to this point. Ducks don't seem to have a problem playing at this pace.

A long half to go . . .
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That was a bad foul call on Brooks. He's the one who got fouled going for that rebound.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has gone cold while Ball has hit 3 threes to put them up 5.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

It was nice while it lasted.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UCLA on a 15-0 run in the last 5+ minutes to take a 7 point lead. Oregon looks so unorganized and timid now.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UCLA is just hot from three in the 2nd half. They're now 7-11 while Oregon is 1-10. Biggest difference that's turned the tide of the game.