#2 UCLA @ #20 Oregon (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: #2 UCLA @ #20 Oregon (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by Duck24 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I hate to say this but this team is simply too weak minded, I don't think anyone on this team has the mentality to make it in the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This post is worth another lol

:lol:
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Just something to think about... We're still not at full strength. Wait until Pritchard, Dorsey, Brooks, Boucher and Bell are all healthy and starting together.

This looks like a typical Altman team. Growing throughout the season.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Brooks had some great and some terrible moments tonight. Seems like his progress is still underway.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

what a game... Oregon played really well in the first half. I knew UCLA would make a
run. Oregon weathered that storm and came back. A mark of a good team. Brooks shot
was huge. I thought the shot Pritchard hit was as big. The freshman has game thats for sure.
He had 9 assists which was huge.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

A few random observations:

Altman's rotation was essentially 7, though Benson played 13 minutes (and was 2-2 from the field, both 3-pointers) and Bigby-Williams played 5.

Not a good game from Ennis. He seemed to be forcing things too much.

6 of Bell's 7 rebounds were offensive. (Well, not that they actually offended anyone, but, you know . . . )

Ducks were quite bad from beyond the arc in the second half after a very good first half of 50%. Ducks were 2-14 in the second half until Pritchard and Brooks hit those last two attempts.
Last edited by Greenblood on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Ennis settles for too many jump shots when he can get to the paint almost every time. I have seen an improvement in that department, though.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

I'm just going to assume that Altman is seeing something in practice from Ennis that makes him think the jumpers will start falling. Otherwise I can't imagine a reason he's allowing him to shoot so much. He looks really, really bad from outside of 3 feet.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

BAM!!!
Picked a good game to attend for my return to Eugene!! It was my first trip to Eugene since 2003 and it didn't disappoint.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I woke up my infant nephew on that shot, lol.

So who is the top ranked recruit named Brooks we can go after? We've got a new selling point for em!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Duck07 wrote:I woke up my infant nephew on that shot, lol.

So who is the top ranked recruit named Brooks we can go after? We've got a new selling point for em!
+100000000 best post of the year...lol

Almost better was Bill Walton stumbling all over himself trying not to be a UCLA homer
with all the excuses.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

duckfan22 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I woke up my infant nephew on that shot, lol.

+100000000 best post of the year...lol

Almost better was Bill Walton stumbling all over himself trying not to be a UCLA homer
with all the excuses.
He doesn't even try to not be UCLA homer. I can't listen to him anymore, he's trying too hard. I don't know how Roxy Bernstein doesn't punch him in the D every time he works with him.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Kyle's Brother wrote:I'm just going to assume that Altman is seeing something in practice from Ennis that makes him think the jumpers will start falling. Otherwise I can't imagine a reason he's allowing him to shoot so much. He looks really, really bad from outside of 3 feet.
this post would have been spot-on a month ago.

ennis in november games: 4/26 from 3-pt land (15%)
ennis in december games: 9/22 from 3-pt land (41%)

i think the conversation you want altman and ennis to have already took place. after a slow start, he's chucking less despite a much higher percentage of makes.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

oregontrack wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:I'm just going to assume that Altman is seeing something in practice from Ennis that makes him think the jumpers will start falling. Otherwise I can't imagine a reason he's allowing him to shoot so much. He looks really, really bad from outside of 3 feet.

i think the conversation you want altman and ennis to have already took place. after a slow start, he's chucking less despite a much higher percentage of makes.
3 for 11 last night, 1 for 4 from 3. The only one with a worse percentage last night was Boucher.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Phalanx wrote:
oregontrack wrote:

3 for 11 last night, 1 for 4 from 3. The only one with a worse percentage last night was Boucher.
One game is not enough to make a judgment. Always take the larger sample size.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

he also had last night 5 reb 0 fouls and 0 turnovers..