#15 Oregon @ Washington (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: #15 Oregon @ Washington (Wed 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by Phenom »

I love how unselfish the guys are. Day and night from the beginning of the year.

Also, Romar suuucks. I hope he's there forever.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Phenom wrote:I love how unselfish the guys are. Day and night from the beginning of the year.

He reminds me a lot of Ernie, better recruiter but maybe not as good of a game coach. Here's to a long long reign for Lorenzo Romar!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Great to see the Ducks put together a good game on the road. I know the Doogs aren't the stiffest competition, but still a good sign. It was also good to see Keith Smith have some positive minutes. Unfortunately, Bigby-Williams didn't take advantage of his opportunity when Bell went out with the injury. It looks like Sorkin might pass him up in the rotation.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Phenom wrote:I love how unselfish the guys are. Day and night from the beginning of the year.

He reminds me a lot of Ernie, better recruiter but maybe not as good of a game coach. Here's to a long long reign for Lorenzo Romar!!

EK just beat him with a bunch of garbage players.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

buckmarkduck wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:

EK just beat him with a bunch of garbage players.
Hawkinson is a quality player, Iroegbu and Flynn are both pretty good too.

nogerO
Senior

It would be nice to see

Post by nogerO »

the whole team have a good night together. Wouldn't want to be the opponent when/if that happens. The whole team is a little erratic so far this year, but seem to be improving lately. A true sign of a Dana Altman coached team.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I think Romar's recruiting prowess is also often his curse, though. He gets all of these one-and-done (maybe two-and-done sometimes) players, and that makes it pretty hard to build something (unless maybe you're Duke or Kentucky, etc.). UW lost at least two, maybe three, guys to the NBA after last year, and it certainly looks like Fultz will be gone after this year.

UW has shown some real patience with Romar, but I have to think that patience is going to run out soon if there isn't a quick turnaround.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

desertfan wrote:I wonder if Romar gets fired after this year. I know he continues to recruit extremely well, but they look like a very poorly coached team to me.
The commitments of the Porter brothers will probably keep him around at least another year or two. If UW doesn't see any success with Porter Jr then I would expect his seat to warm up.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
desertfan wrote:I wonder if Romar gets fired after this year. I know he continues to recruit extremely well, but they look like a very poorly coached team to me.
The commitments of the Porter brothers will probably keep him around at least another year or two. If UW doesn't see any success with Porter Jr then I would expect his seat to warm up.
His seat is already scalding hot, lost of fans were surprised he got this year. I'll be shocked if he's not fired after this year.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

romar's got one of the top classes in the nation coming in next year, so he'll be around for at least one more year.

i usually let the rest of you get all worked up over the officiating, but fouls 3 and 4 on brooks were indeed ridiculous. nothing bugs me more than incidental slight contact that doesn't impact the play.

i was surprised to see pritchard was only 3/8 from the floor. i walked away from the game under the impression he scored more than 8 points. i guess all three shots were pretty big.

kudos to bell for missing most of the first half and still getting a double-double.

nice minutes by keith smith tonight in place of brooks. good to see, especially in front of the hometown fans.

fultz is fun to watch. he had some takes that were ridiculously beyond what a college freshman should be able to do. someone's going to get a nice point guard in the lottery next june.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

rockthief wrote:Glad Sorkin made three of four free throws.
Believe it or not, he's the best FT shooter on the team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Dorsey was the man. That was probably the most entertaining game of the year so far. Loved it.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13