#10 Oregon @ Colorado (Sat 6:30 Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Re: #10 Oregon @ Colorado (Sat 6:30 Pac-12 Networks)

Post by DmoneyDuck »

It's one conference loss, no reason to panic. We were never going to run through the entire conference undefeated anyway.

With that said, we didn't look good tonight. A few takeaways:
- Quit passing up open 3's. In this offense, Oregon has a tendency to overpass and play hot potato.
- Find the mismatches down low. We rarely posted up our bigs when they had a mouse in the house.
- Why did Altman take out Pritchard after back to back 3's in the second half? He had it clicking and the offense went sluggish once he was taken out.
- You've got to make your free throws!
- Ducks panicked at the end of the game. I hope they use this as a lesson come Tourney time. We cut the lead to four with just under two minutes to play and we scrambled on defense and picked up a cheap foul in the backcourt. Play solid D, get a stop, and score the ball! There's too much time to play the foul for possession game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DmoneyDuck wrote:It's one conference loss, no reason to panic. We were never going to run through the entire conference undefeated anyway.

- Quit passing up open 3's. In this offense, Oregon has a tendency to overpass and play hot potato.
- Find the mismatches down low. We rarely posted up our bigs when they had a mouse in the house.
- Why did Altman take out Pritchard after back to back 3's in the second half? He had it clicking and the offense went sluggish once he was taken out.
- Ducks panicked at the end of the game. I hope they use this as a lesson come Tourney time. We cut the lead to four with just under two minutes to play and we scrambled on defense and picked up a cheap foul in the backcourt. Play solid D, get a stop, and score the ball! There's too much time to play the foul for possession game.
Well said. Oregon is not in any real danger and I'm sure Altman will come up with some solutions.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

ducksrock wrote:
scoducks wrote:
ducksrock wrote:Poor officiating, but Ducks are getting their asses handed to them...Just saying...
You can't blame it all on the refs. Doesn't help we played lazy D and everyone besides probably Pritchard decided to show up.
Seriously, I was not and am not blaming the loss on the officiating...not sure what you were reading or are you just wanting to be argumentative? Either way, thanks for your contribution.... lol
I do not see anywhere in my statement where I was challenging you and being argumentative. I was just saying refs had a hand in it, but not entirely.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I'm not worried, for whatever reason Colorado always gives the Ducks fits, even when they are down, maybe it's the altitude but whatever the reason the Ducks will be fine, this is probably a good thing ultimately.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Frustrating. Lack-luster effort coupled with nobody having a hot hand shooting. Just ugly basketball. I didn't like how easily CO got in our players heads too. That said, beat AZ and all is forgiven and forgotten. Hope this is a wake up call.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

FT's are becoming a pretty serious issue.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
DmoneyDuck wrote:It's one conference loss, no reason to panic. We were never going to run through the entire conference undefeated anyway.

Well said. Oregon is not in any real danger and I'm sure Altman will come up with some solutions.
Agreed but still hard to watch us lose to a Colorado team that's started 0-7 in PAC-12 play.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Didn't see the game(first all season I missed).

The missed FT's, too many 3's, and random foul trouble(for a team that doesn't foul much) stand out in the box score. That's 2 games we've lost now on missed FT's.

What was up with Dillon Brooks? Probably his worst healthy game of the season.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

GrantDuck wrote:Didn't see the game(first all season I missed).

The missed FT's, too many 3's, and random foul trouble(for a team that doesn't foul much) stand out in the box score. That's 2 games we've lost now on missed FT's.

What was up with Dillon Brooks? Probably his worst healthy game of the season.
From the get go they were all over-emotional. Lot's of complaining about and to the refs. The ref's were pretty bad, but the guys let both the refs and Colorado players take them out of their game. They made a good push to start the 2nd half but I think it was pretty much everything they had left in the tank after Altman used a short bench both at Utah and throughout this game. The altitude isn't all to blame, but just one of a set of circumstances that led to this. I think it will help in the long run, and will have plenty of coaching points, but would have been nice to finally get a W there.