Brandon mccoy visiting today...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Brandon mccoy visiting today...

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He was in town for the zona game. Top 10 recruit this year and is trending towards Oregon.
Howry
Three Star Recruit

Re: Brandon mccoy visiting today...

Post by Howry »

It was an unofficial also so it was on his own dime. He needs to quack already.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

He won't until one of Brooks, Dorsey, or Bell declares or we have a guy transfer out.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Ducks10 wrote:He won't until one of Brooks, Dorsey, or Bell declares or we have a guy transfer out.
Dorsey isn't ready and Brooks is a little inconsistent IMO for the NBA. Bell has improved a ton but I'm not sure he is NBA material either though I thought he was a senior this year?

Edit: I see Bell is only a junior, would love to have him and Dorsey back next year!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Ducks10 wrote:He won't until one of Brooks, Dorsey, or Bell declares or we have a guy transfer out.
Why would Dorsey or Brooks matter to him? Even Bell is a minor matter, since Ennis will be gone and Dorsey could play the 2, Brooks 3 and Bell the 4 with McCoy at 5. That said I bet Brooks leaves, his stock won't go up much more there's nothing he can do about his height or short arms. Dorsey may or may, or may not leave but if he does I doubt he lands in the NBA. He's inconsistent and like Brooks he has a shorter wing span than his height, only 1 guy in the entire NBA right now has that. Bell might leave, but I think he'd be served well to stay one more year.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Smith looks like a transfer candidate to me. I really like what I've seen of him, but it seems like he isn't fitting in too well. I know he's had some small injury issues, but I thought we'd be seeing a ton of him this year with Brooks being the only other player his size on the roster. I'll be kind of surprised if he's still here next year.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Why would Dorsey or Brooks matter to him? Even Bell is a minor matter, since Ennis will be gone and Dorsey could play the 2, Brooks 3 and Bell the 4 with McCoy at 5. That said I bet Brooks leaves, his stock won't go up much more there's nothing he can do about his height or short arms. Dorsey may or may, or may not leave but if he does I doubt he lands in the NBA. He's inconsistent and like Brooks he has a shorter wing span than his height, only 1 guy in the entire NBA right now has that. Bell might leave, but I think he'd be served well to stay one more year.
Good post. Brooks is what he is and probably wouldn't improve his draft stock much by returning, unless he becomes a knockdown shooter. Brooks is a nice swingman, who isn't a great outside shooter. He has some similarities to Corey Maggette, but isn't as good of an athlete. Brooks is a better ball handler and passer. He is a 2nd round pick at best.

Dorsey should come back, but may be content with playing overseas (he would very likely go undrafted if he declares). Like Brooks, Dorsey has short arms. He needs to show that he can play some point or be a consistent threat from deep.

This is actually Bell's 4th year at Oregon. He enrolled winter term of his freshman year because supposedly another coach - believed to be Craig Robinson - challenged Bell's SAT scores. He is probably pretty close to graduating. Bell has improved a ton this year and would probably be drafted in the 2nd round, due to upside. Bell is probably closer to 6-7-6'8, but has excellent wingspan and is a terrific athlete.

Also, it's possible that Roman Sorkin will transfer.

I wouldn't worry about there being room for McCoy.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

It matters because if all our non graduating players return, we have no scholarship spot for McCoy. We have three very good freshman coming in, but that's because we have space opening up for them. We can't add McCoy if Brooks, Bell, and Dorsey all return and no one transfers.

I think Brooks leaves if he does well down the stretch and we get to at least the S16. His ceiling is due to physical reasons, not skill (for the most part). If he does well down the stretch, what else does he have to prove or improve on?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

One, they will find a spot for McCoy period.

Two my buddy runs a camp, and said when Bell was there he measured in at just a hair over 6'6. If he was 6'9, I'd say go, but 6'6 maybe 6'7 he's going to have a hard time in the NBA.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

buckmarkduck wrote:One, they will find a spot for McCoy period.

Two my buddy runs a camp, and said when Bell was there he measured in at just a hair over 6'6. If he was 6'9, I'd say go, but 6'6 maybe 6'7 he's going to have a hard time in the NBA.
Charles Barkely!
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

brich75 wrote:

Charles Barkely!
If Bell worked on his outside jumper more I could see him having a Draymond skillset. His D is top notch already, just has to continue his work on O
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The NBA always has spots for super-athletic guys that play defense and rebound, even if he is a bit on the short side. He's really worked on his post game so he's not completely unskilled on the offensive end, although I think he needs another year to refine some things.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I think it likely that McCoy was at the game as much to see Arizona as Oregon. Isn't he favored to go there? Anyway, glad the ducks could make a favorable impression. 8-)
Sad Sports Fan
One Star Recruit

Post by Sad Sports Fan »

draftexpress has him measured at 6'8.5 with shoes with a 6'11 wingspan, and the wingspan is the important measurement
Sad Sports Fan
One Star Recruit

Post by Sad Sports Fan »

Phalanx wrote:I think it likely that McCoy was at the game as much to see Arizona as Oregon. Isn't he favored to go there? Anyway, glad the ducks could make a favorable impression. 8-)
247 CB system has 60% of the predictions pointing to Oregon and the biggest competition for McCoy is considered to be Mich. St.