Brandon mccoy visiting today...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Brandon mccoy visiting today...

Post by Phenom »

Bell is also a very good passer which cannot be overlooked. I think he leaves, unfortunately.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

Sad Sports Fan wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I think it likely that McCoy was at the game as much to see Arizona as Oregon. Isn't he favored to go there? Anyway, glad the ducks could make a favorable impression. 8-)
247 CB system has 60% of the predictions pointing to Oregon and the biggest competition for McCoy is considered to be Mich. St.
McCoy should be down to Oregon and Michigan St. Arizona signed the best center (DeAndre Ayton) in the country this year so McCoy is probably not considering them.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Does Keith Smith have a friend (maybe high school team mate) who is looking at Oregon? I thought I read Gonzaga, us and maybe UW?
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

McCoy is not going to Arizona. They got the best center and another top 50 PF/C (Ira Lee I think his name is). It's down to us and Sparty.
Howry
Three Star Recruit

Post by Howry »

He would be a perfect replacement for Bouche. They find room for him. Sorkin??
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

Howry wrote:He would be a perfect replacement for Bouche. They find room for him. Sorkin??
It's hard to imagine that there is not at least one early depature between Brooks, Bell and possibly Dorsey (though he hasn't had a consistent performance this year). Any one of those leave and a spot is available. If nobody leaves then someone will have to go and Sorkin would be the likely candidate. Did Altman revoke players' scholarships at Creighton to make room for a better player?
Howry
Three Star Recruit

Post by Howry »

Of those three guys, I hope Bell stays one more year. Impacts the game so much.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Howry wrote:Of those three guys, I hope Bell stays one more year. Impacts the game so much.
I think Bell is the most valuable player on our team but I would rather have Brooks back.
Howry
Three Star Recruit

Post by Howry »

Going into next season with KBW and Sorkin as our two big guys with experience wouldnt be good IMO. I really hope all 3 stay, would be epic.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Phenom wrote:
Howry wrote:Of those three guys, I hope Bell stays one more year. Impacts the game so much.
I think Bell is the most valuable player on our team but I would rather have Brooks back.
I don't really have a grasp on college ball and who should go vs who should stay. From my untrained eye, Brooks looks great against college players but I don't see him being very successful at the next level. Am I way off base? Is he projected to be a high draft pick / solid contributor at the next level?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Last I saw Brooks was projected as the 48th pick. So no he's not considered a great NBA prospect.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

buckmarkduck wrote:Last I saw Brooks was projected as the 48th pick. So no he's not considered a great NBA prospect.
Do players typically leave early for a shot to be the 48th pick?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

He might, since his limitations are mostly physical not skill. If I were him, I'd leave after this year if I felt I performed well. Not much else for him to do in college if he plays well down the stretch.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

As much as i am a fan of Brooks and his game, I think he's our Miles Simon or O'Bannon. A great college player, who never does much in the NBA.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Yeah, I agree. I think Dorsey is the same. Bell has some NBA potential. Boucher does too, but his frame is going to hold him back.