#5 Oregon @ USC (Sat 7:30 Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: #5 Oregon @ USC (Sat 7:30 Pac-12 Net)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

That UCLA loss still stings but glad they didn't get swept in LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Salvaging a split on what's probably the toughest conference roadtrip is not bad but it could have been so much better. This 4-game stretch of Arizona, UCLA, USC, and Utah is brutal for them so to possibly go 3-1 is not bad.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Dorsey made some big shots once Brooks fouled out, and got some key stops down the stretch
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

What the he'll was that slap about? Did Pritchard trash talk or something? :?:
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Good win.

Clutch from Dorsey.

KBW played well.

8 offensive rebounds given up in the 1st half was not good. Boucher is struggling but his effort was better tonight.

Go Ducks.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Classic pac 12 refs. Home team gets called for 0 loose ball fouls going for rebounds, our best players in foul trouble, basically a frustration punch at the end of the game and their piece of s*** player isn't ejected, etc. Can't believe we win anything on the road with pac 12 refs. Can't wait for the tournament. Just so we don't have to watch these trash pac 12 refs bend someone over every night.
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
greenyellow wrote:The offense is dreadful. USC's zone is causing Oregon to just stand around and make something out of nothing. Not sure what Altman is trying to do tonight.
Agreed, Altman is really dropping the ball this week. I think he may just be trying too hard. Feels like this team is completely out of their element. It's weird cause some possessions they play aggressive and score easily, then the next possession they look pathetic.

They looked pretty good in the first half against UCLA. OK, they looked really good. Something happened. I don't know if it was the bruin D or what, but the ball movement was non existent in the 2nd half of that game, and it wasn't as good tonight either.

But a win is a win. Glad they pulled it out.

Now time to extend that home winning streak and pay Colorado back. Hope we beat them by 50.

And that foul on Pritchard should have garnered an ejection. Cheap shot from a little frustrated B. Hope he's suspended next game.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

It was ugly, but this is a huge road win for seeding purposes. I'm not sure if the ducks can hold on to the #2 seed after the loss; both Arizona and UCLA have better records again. It will likely depend on who does better in the tournament (if everyone can hold serve until then).

On a side note, Keith Smith must really be struggling (possibly with injury?). It seems like he would have seen time tonight if he was at all serviceable as a backup.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:It was ugly, but this is a huge road win for seeding purposes. I'm not sure if the ducks can hold on to the #2 seed after the loss; both Arizona and UCLA have better records again. It will likely depend on who does better in the tournament (if everyone can hold serve until then).

On a side note, Keith Smith must really be struggling (possibly with injury?). It seems like he would have seen time tonight if he was at all serviceable as a backup.
With him barely getting any time in the blowout against 'Zona and absolutely nothing with all the foul trouble, I'm thinking he has some type of injury.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

greenyellow wrote:Salvaging a split on what's probably the toughest conference roadtrip is not bad but it could have been so much better. This 4-game stretch of Arizona, UCLA, USC, and Utah is brutal for them so to possibly go 3-1 is not bad.
Wouldn't worry about Utah....Oregon has beaten them about 12 times in a row...Colorado is the bugaboo (at least in Boulder).
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

USC was 21-4 before that game. That's a great road win.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

exactly. people getting on altman for this game are crazy. it's hard to get up for the game immediately following two top 10 showdowns. the 'stagnant' first half offense looked exactly like the offense that drilled arizona and went up big early on ucla -- quality ball movement that led to WIDE OPEN shots. they just weren't falling in the first half against sc. we adjusted and did some other things.

at some point you have to step back and realize that we're playing another team who is trying to STOP us from scoring. credit the trojans for making things difficult. we still won. hell, we were in control and/or had the lead for most of it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

SC is now 21-5, its criminal that they aren't ranked. Anyone upset with that win is nuts, outside of UO SC has 3 L.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

oregontrack wrote:exactly. people getting on altman for this game are crazy. it's hard to get up for the game immediately following two top 10 showdowns. the 'stagnant' first half offense looked exactly like the offense that drilled arizona and went up big early on ucla -- quality ball movement that led to WIDE OPEN shots. they just weren't falling in the first half against sc. we adjusted and did some other things.

at some point you have to step back and realize that we're playing another team who is trying to STOP us from scoring. credit the trojans for making things difficult. we still won. hell, we were in control and/or had the lead for most of it.
Trying to explain basketball to 'chicken little the sky is falling' Duck for Life is pointless. The game threads are unreadable with ranting like that.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Very good win, nice to see Dorsey stepping it up late.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13