#5 Oregon @ #10 UCLA (Thu 7 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: #5 Oregon @ #10 UCLA (Thu 7 PM ESPN)

Post by Phenom »

That's on DA. That last possession was what our second half offense has looked like.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon loses 82-79 after completely wilting in the 2nd half. Oregon was so close to taking a stranglehold on the league but now need to bounce back against SC to salvage the split.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

That loss is 100% on Altman. We were beating them to a fucking pulp by putting pressure on them and running. UCLA is a team that doesn't play defense. No reason at all to run clock. I love Altman, but that was his worst ever performance for us. Just stupid as f***.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

We stopped playing on O. Can't let that happen again. Will need to be ready for USC.
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

Missed free throws, standing around on both offense and defense last 8 minutes. Thanks for the link rockthief, worked great. Galapagos islands tomorrow, to forget this loss.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

This was the worst collapse I've ever seen under Altman

Post by Ducks10 »

This is the type of loss that makes you want to quit basketball forever. What a god d*mn joke. I'm livid as hell right now.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

soduck wrote:Missed free throws, standing around on both offense and defense last 8 minutes. Thanks for the link rockthief, worked great. Galapagos islands tomorrow, to forget this loss.

That's what Altman does. He wants the guys running the clock down with a lead. It's so fucking unfathomably dumb. It's the kind of stupid s*** you expect from an awful coach like Alford. Not Dana.
GDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by GDuck »

Oregon has great halves - looking like he can beat the world. And then they can have stinker halves with a terrible offense. Oregon needed to run and keep the offense going - playing to hold onto the lead won't work. Altman needs to own this - that offense the last 10 min was atrocious.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:We stopped playing on O. Can't let that happen again. Will need to be ready for USC.
Oregon just went to sleep the last 8-10 minutes of the game on offense by just standing around and settling for bad threes. Reminded me of the Utah game, except this time it bit them in the behind. If there's one thing about Altman is he sometimes takes the air out of the ball too soon and they then have a hard time closing games that shouldn't be close.
greenyellow

Re: This was the worst collapse I've ever seen under Altman

Post by greenyellow »

I'm sure Altman will take most of the blame for this one since he had them trying to waste clock when they should have kept attacking.
ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Re: This was the worst collapse I've ever seen under Altman

Post by ArkansasDuck »

That went from being one of the best offensive games I've ever seen Oregon play to being the worst in a split second
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

RanDux wrote:Vegas has UCLA by 4.
Nailed it
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GDuck wrote:Oregon has great halves - looking like he can beat the world. And then they can have stinker halves with a terrible offense. Oregon needed to run and keep the offense going - playing to hold onto the lead won't work. Altman needs to own this - that offense the last 10 min was atrocious.
Brooks, Dorsey, and Ennis completely disappeared once the Bruins started their huge run. Just can't have that happen against a team like UCLA.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

So what if we beat a team by 40 or whatever. Do not back down! It make the team out of synch. How can DA not know this? He has done it before. Man we had them in a strangle hold. This pisses me off more than any of the other losses.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Altman a few times this year got away with that, I'm sure he learned his lesson, he has to be embarrassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk