Oregon a 2 seed...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

paduck
One Star Recruit

Oregon a 2 seed...

Post by paduck »

...if March Madness started today. Please remove if already posted. Considering the season so far, I think a 2 seed in the West would set us up perfectly for a Final Four run. Lot of season left to go, but I think the Ducks will get it done. Maybe I'm overly positive, but I don't see any losses left on the schedule. Then Pac-12 tourney a toss up.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ket-reveal
greenyellow

Re: Oregon a 2 seed...

Post by greenyellow »

A 2 seed is perfect for them since it would likely keep them on the West Coast the entire tournament.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Yep, battling it out with UA/UCLA for that #2 seed out West. (unless Gonzaga stumbles)

Right now we have the inside track for sure as we are 2-1 against those schools.

Hopefully can finish strong, otherwise, we'll get Sacto in rounds 1-2, but shipped out after that.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

greenyellow wrote:A 2 seed is perfect for them since it would likely keep them on the West Coast the entire tournament.
So does the two seed from the pac = west? I know there's a lot of moving parts and things will most certainly change when the official seedlings come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

duxforlyfe wrote:
greenyellow wrote:A 2 seed is perfect for them since it would likely keep them on the West Coast the entire tournament.
So does the two seed from the pac = west? I know there's a lot of moving parts and things will most certainly change when the official seedlings come out.

Not necessarily, but most likely.

If Gonzaga wins out, they'll take the #1 seed out West over UCLA, Arizona, or Oregon.

But yeah..lots of moving parts and too early to tell, but it is the most likely outcome. Probably won't be decided until the Pac-12 Tournament.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I doubt that Oregon is a 2-seed after the UCLA loss. Both Arizona and UCLA have better records than the ducks. I think Arizona probably gets that 2-seed spot now. We'll see how they do when UCLA visits them, but I am guessing the ducks will be a 3-seed going into the Pac 12 tourney and will have to play into a better seed by beating Arizona and/or UCLA.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Phalanx wrote:I doubt that Oregon is a 2-seed after the UCLA loss. Both Arizona and UCLA have better records than the ducks. I think Arizona probably gets that 2-seed spot now. We'll see how they do when UCLA visits them, but I am guessing the ducks will be a 3-seed going into the Pac 12 tourney and will have to play into a better seed by beating Arizona and/or UCLA.
We're probably going to play one (or both) of these schools again in Pac12 tourney

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Phalanx wrote:I doubt that Oregon is a 2-seed after the UCLA loss. Both Arizona and UCLA have better records than the ducks. I think Arizona probably gets that 2-seed spot now. We'll see how they do when UCLA visits them, but I am guessing the ducks will be a 3-seed going into the Pac 12 tourney and will have to play into a better seed by beating Arizona and/or UCLA.
The rankings came out after the UCLA loss so I believe that was factored in.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

While I understand the benefit of the "Ducks #2 seed in the West" idea, I still prefer the prestige of a #1 seed, in whatever region; and it would be the second straight year. But that would quite likely demand the Ducks winning out, including the conference tourney. I certainly think this team is capable of doing that, but I can't predict it at this point.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

And I now see that Oregon was actually the #8 team picked so they were the last of the #2 seeds. Seems about right for now.