Sweet 16: #3 Oregon vs #7 Michigan (Thursday 4:09 PM CBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Re: Sweet 16: #3 Oregon vs #7 Michigan (Thursday 4:09 PM CBS

Post by Ducks10 »

Very true, we run a similar type of lineup: guards and only one true big man. We NEED to get Lucas into foul trouble early.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Sweet 16: #3 Oregon vs #7 Michigan (Thursday 4:09 PM CBS)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Edit: meant to post this in the Kansas game thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

That was a really unique game – you won’t see many coaches so afraid of the opponent’s transition game that both teams completely abandon the offensive boards. Michigan didn’t even TRY to hit the offensive glass; they were one-and-done virtually every time. Ironic that Bell basically wins the game for us with a pair of offensive rebounds late.

I don’t know if Reggie Miller is biased so much as he’s just awful. He’s an awful NBA broadcaster. Reggie has blocked BlazersEdge and another Blazers fan blog on Twitter because they constantly troll him for his terribleness. It was weird listening to one of the game’s all-time shameless three point shooters chastise both teams for taking three’s.

Kansas looked amazing, but Purdue is slow and we resemble the Boilermakers in no way. Kansas’ wing players just sprinted past them on the break all night long. They won’t be able to do that to us. Now, that’s not to say I think we’ll win – it’s basically a home game for KU – but I would throw out the film for the Purdue game.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
Did you not hear me say foul him? :lol: :lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

GrantDuck wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:Bell is an animal. Not the most skilled player, but holy s*** we've never had anyone like him before. One of my favorite players of all time. I'm praying he comes back.
I remember back when we were recruiting Jordan Bell, and poster northbeach was talking about how he was going to be a program changer and he couldn't have been more correct!

He's like Kazemi, but blocks shots on top of that.

Kazemi was an even better rebounder, actually and good defender, but we only had him 1 year.
Wow!! Thanks for the props. Bell might be my favorite Duck of all time. Speaking of Bell, I saw this quote last night.

"Bell quietly joined elite company last night. His 13 rebounds gave him at least 12 for the fourth straight tournament game, dating back to last season’s Elite Eight game. Only seven other players in history have accomplished that — Larry Johnson, Shaquille O’Neal, Antonio McDyess, Tim Duncan, Mark Madsen, Emeka Okafor and Blake Griffin. For reference: Six of those players ended up as the first or second pick in the NBA Draft."

If he stays one more year and develops a solid mid range jumper, he will be a Top 10 pick
Last edited by northbeachsf on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:
Kyle's Brother wrote:Bell is an animal. Not the most skilled player, but holy s*** we've never had anyone like him before. One of my favorite players of all time. I'm praying he comes back.
He does EVERYTHING!
Yeah I'm gonna miss Bell. I feel like him and Dorsey right now just want it more than everyone.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
He does EVERYTHING!
Yeah I'm gonna miss Bell. I feel like him and Dorsey right now just want it more than everyone.
I think the other guys want it too, they're just too wound up.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
He does EVERYTHING!
Especially Pritchard. He looked so uncomfortable and out of place yesterday. It was weird to see because he's actually done a great job of keeping his composer all year as a freshman.

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
He does EVERYTHING!
I'm hoping the pressure's off a little tomorrow. Nobody expects us to win and Brooks/Pritchard/Ennis can just play loose and free like they did in our home games this year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »