GM: Boston Celtics GM

4 of 7 CBS experts have Rhode Island beating us

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: 4 of 7 CBS experts have Rhode Island beating us

Post by bigsugarduck »

CBS dont watch or play Pac-12 games. People who have actually watched Oregon think they will be okay without Boucher and I've seen some who think Oregon gets out of the Midwest. I don't know anything about RI but having 4/6 pick them shows how ignorant they are about Oregon.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Rhode Island is a very good basketball team that had some injuries this year. They are finally healthy and are playing like a solid NCAA team. They are big and kill teams on the glass, although typically against lesser talent. I think people are looking at their solid inside play and rebounding skills and how that lines up with the loss of Boucher....thus predicting an Oregon loss.

I still think Oregon wins this game, but I suspect it will be very close.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Similar to our St. Joe's game last year. It's a tough matchup for us. However, travelling across the country to beat us in CAlifornia will be tough.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I've seen some predictions showing Oregon getting beaten by Iona. They reason (wrongly) that Oregon doesn't have the will or firepower to beat high-scoring teams. Considering who's beaten Iona this season, I don't think Oregon is lacking the ability to beat them.

On the other hand, I've also seen a couple predictions showing Oregon making the Sweet 16 and/or Elite 8. It just seems no one can agree on their ceiling.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Thought we played Iona???
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

nogerO wrote:Thought we played Iona???
Round of 32 4 of 7 had us losing to RI.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It's not like RI beating Creighton is a sure thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:I've seen some predictions showing Oregon getting beaten by Iona. They reason (wrongly) that Oregon doesn't have the will or firepower to beat high-scoring teams. Considering who's beaten Iona this season, I don't think Oregon is lacking the ability to beat them.

On the other hand, I've also seen a couple predictions showing Oregon making the Sweet 16 and/or Elite 8. It just seems no one can agree on their ceiling.
So I should why I pay no attention to the so called "experts", If I want a different opinion all I have to do is ask another "expert".
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If any of these experts knew what they were talking about, they would have won the billion dollar challenge already.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Sounds like 4 people who probably haven't watched Oregon play one time this year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

An ESPN analyst seems a bit more bullish on Oregon's chances, picking them as a dark horse Final Four team.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... tournament
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It's funny how they think Hurley light would be able to beat Altman, when his brother never has.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

This is just trendy sleeper talk. It happens every tournament.

URI looks like a good team on paper, but I've never seen them play. I think we'll be fine through the first two rounds. I'm not saying it's gonna be pretty, but these boys are battle hardened and I think they know this is their last run together.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Lightning Strikes wrote:This is just trendy sleeper talk. It happens every tournament.

URI looks like a good team on paper, but I've never seen them play. I think we'll be fine through the first two rounds. I'm not saying it's gonna be pretty, but these boys are battle hardened and I think they know this is their last run together.
They looked good against Creighton. I think they looked like a solid team that could be a real challenge today. If both teams play to their potential though, the ducks should win pretty easily.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!