Elite 8: #3 Oregon vs #1 Kansas (Saturday 5:49 PM TBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Elite 8: #3 Oregon vs #1 Kansas (Saturday 5:49 PM TBS)

Post by greenyellow »

It's going to be Oregon against Kansas in the Elite 8. Oregon will need to play one of its best games of the year to advance.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Re: Elite 8: #3 Oregon vs #1 Kansas (Saturday TBS)

Post by Ducks10 »

If Kansas plays like they did tonight, we are in trouble if we don't bring the game of the year. We can not afford any lapses of concentration at all. Luckily, as others have said, we bring great effort vs teams like Kansas. I just worry they hit some early 3s, we struggle on offense, and the crowd is all into Kansas. That could possibly kill us before it even reallt gets started.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Tip time announced:
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

we need to try to put Ennis on Mason otherwise he will go berserk he might anyway but ennis can at least match the strength
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

I agree about Ennis, but then who does Pritchard or Benson guard? Kansas's SF? Dorsey will be on Graham, that I'm sure of. Brooks on Jackson, Bell on Lucas.

Obviously we will switch up a lot, but I think those are set for one on ones when we get them. If Ennis plays Mason, can Pritchard or Benson play a SF? Maybe Keith Smith will play more on Sat
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Elite 8: #3 Oregon vs #1 Kansas (Saturday 5:49 PM TBS)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Kansas was 15/28 from three tonight, I watched the second half too when they were extra hot. They made some crazy shots! I'm hoping this means they're due for a crazy cold shooting night like Oklahoma against Nova last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Haven't seen a betting line for this one yet but I'm guessing it'll be around Kansas +6. We're going to go in as underdogs on a de facto away court, but Kansas can be streaky and we've got a lot of guys who can get hot.

Edit: 6 is probably too high, I'm guessing more like 4.5.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

This is a game I wish we had cook to put on Jackson. Idk if Brooks can stay on him.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

It's been a great season
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Damn! How cool is it that we are playing Kansas in the Elite 8?
I try to just watch and enjoy these moments. When I was in school in the early 90s, stuff like this was beyond a pipe dream. I just love this!

GO DUCKS!!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Tray Dub wrote:Haven't seen a betting line for this one yet but I'm guessing it'll be around Kansas +6. We're going to go in as underdogs on a de facto away court, but Kansas can be streaky and we've got a lot of guys who can get hot.

Edit: 6 is probably too high, I'm guessing more like 4.5.
Kansas +4 would make Oregon the favorite. Assume you mean Kansas -4? Also, the early line is closer to what you originally said. I'm seeing mostly Kansas -6 to -6.5. The over/under is where it's at, 156.5. Over looks good to me.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

Ducks10 wrote:If Kansas plays like they did tonight, we are in trouble if we don't bring the game of the year. We can not afford any lapses of concentration at all. Luckily, as others have said, we bring great effort vs teams like Kansas. I just worry they hit some early 3s, we struggle on offense, and the crowd is all into Kansas. That could possibly kill us before it even reallt gets started.
Even if all if that happens, our team isn't going out like that. Too much fight in these guys. We may not win, but I'll never count out these guys.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If we play a similar level of defense and can get hot from outside we're going to Phoenix. Thrive in the environment Ducks!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

To win we need someone else, along with Dorsey and Bell, to step up and have a great game. Hopefully it's Brooks, who hasn't been that great so far. Those 3, on their game, are as good as anyone Kansas has.

Because of their lack of post depth I don't think Kansas is as bad of a match-up as people think. If Bell can dominate Wagner like he did most of that game then he can do the same against Lucas. We just need good games from our wings. We can't afford multiple guys (Pritch, Ennis, Brooks) being off. Which has been the case so far and a big reason why we're just getting by.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Kansas is awesome, they have some great players. That said, everything they did to Purdue, actually plays right into our hands. They will let us run and get fast breaks, something neither RI or UM wanted to do with us. That said I still see a 88-85 loss, but hope I'm wrong.