Interesting Stat On North Carolina

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Interesting Stat On North Carolina

Post by SuperDuck »

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -tar-heels

I was just looking at their schedule and noticed that of their 7 losses, 5 were on the road. Those were to Indiana, Georgia Tech, Miami (FL), Duke & Virginia.

They also lost to Duke and Kentucky at home.

With the matchup being in Pac-12 territory, and a LOT of Duck fans live in the Phoenix area, that edge would have to go to Oregon.

I'm curious as to what Dana Altman will see when he watches film of these games and looks for things the Ducks can exploit. An ESPN commentator said that he basically used the same game plan that Iowa State used to beat Kansas.

Duke beat North Carolina 2 out of 3 times. I'm sure he'll be watching a lot of those games, as well.

Another thought, did North Carolina have any significant injuries during the season that may have contributed to a loss or losses?
John 3:36
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Interesting Stat On North Carolina

Post by UOducksTK1 »

You really think Oregon has more fans than NC at the game?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Kentucky was in Vegas
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:You really think Oregon has more fans than NC at the game?
It depends on how many locals buy or have bought tickets. Also, there are many, many Oregon fans (and people from other states and Canada) that travel here each year for the winter months. They're commonly referred to here as "snowbirds".

Since NC is a traditional power, and their fans travel well, they'll still likely have more fans at the game. All I'm saying is that there's a very large contingent of Duck fans that live here and I'd expect a decent turnout, along with more that come down from Oregon for the game.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

This is the first Final Four for 98% of Oregon's fanbase. I expect quite a few to make the trip down to PHX.

Duke tape will be key. Duke beat UNC with a smaller lineup like we'll have, and we are pretty similar to them in personnel (Allen and Tatum and Brooks, Kennard and Dorsey, Bell is better than any big man they have though). UNC got into the paint easily, got a lot of offensive rebounds in the second game and still lost. I think our blueprint has got to be similar to Duke's win.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Ducks10 wrote:This is the first Final Four for 98% of Oregon's fanbase. I expect quite a few to make the trip down to PHX.

Duke tape will be key. Duke beat UNC with a smaller lineup like we'll have, and we are pretty similar to them in personnel (Allen and Tatum and Brooks, Kennard and Dorsey, Bell is better than any big man they have though). UNC got into the paint easily, got a lot of offensive rebounds in the second game and still lost. I think our blueprint has got to be similar to Duke's win.
Yep, plus Duke beat them twice.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

As long as Dorsey, Brooks, and Bell stay out of foul troubles, we will be fine.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:As long as Dorsey, Brooks, and Bell stay out of foul troubles, we will be fine.
and keep their hot hands