UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Troy Brown shines in McDonald's AA practices

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://www.nbadraft.net/mcdonalds-all-a ... tice-notes
Troy Brown 6’6 210 SG - Oregon

In my opinion, Brown had the best two days of practice of any player. He played aggressive and initiated contact on drives. He looks to have improved as a jump shooter, looking to pull up with confidence at every opportunity and connected from deep without hesitation. Brown has multiple dimensions to his game and looked to utilize them. He ran the point, impressed with his passing, and made something happened nearly every time he had the ball.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Re: Troy Brown shines in McDonald's AA practices

Post by duck541 »

So stoked to see this kid in a Duck uniform next year.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

yea i cant wait either..Kid is a stud.. Just hope his attitude messes with this team.
Cant see why not.. Oregon if they get McCoy will be really really good.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan22 wrote:yea i cant wait either..Kid is a stud.. Just hope his attitude messes with this team.
Cant see why not.. Oregon if they get McCoy will be really really good.

"Attitude messes with this team", a typo or does the kid have an attitude problem, can you clearify please. Thanks.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Sorry typo meshes. Don't know how his attitude is. McDonald's all American, five star. I bet Altman wouldn't have recruited if he thought problem would come up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

Watched the McDonald's AA game. Brown played well, but isn't a ball hog type that the game glorifies. But he let the game come to him, actually played a little defense and showed he can handle the ball well.

He'll fit well into Altman's system. Now let's hope he got into McCoy's ear while he was there.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Brown=100% legit.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

McCoy looked pretty good too. 13 points, 7 boards, 4 blocks, and 4 steals in 20 minutes. Two huge blocks at the end of the game to seal the win for the West team.

McCoy roomed with MSU commit Jaren Jackson apparently, who did his best to sell McCoy on them playing at MSU together. Not great for us, but it doesn't sound like it swayed McCoy much. He's done an incredible job of hiding his intentions, and it still seems like he doesn't know where he wants to go yet.

Considering that we don't technically have a spot to offer yet, I think it's pretty encouraging that he's taking so long to decide. I'm sure that as soon as Brooks or anyone else declares for the draft Altman's first call will be to McCoy.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

duck541 wrote:McCoy looked pretty good too. 13 points, 7 boards, 4 blocks, and 4 steals in 20 minutes. Two huge blocks at the end of the game to seal the win for the West team.

McCoy roomed with MSU commit Jaren Jackson apparently, who did his best to sell McCoy on them playing at MSU together. Not great for us, but it doesn't sound like it swayed McCoy much. He's done an incredible job of hiding his intentions, and it still seems like he doesn't know where he wants to go yet.

Considering that we don't technically have a spot to offer yet, I think it's pretty encouraging that he's taking so long to decide. I'm sure that as soon as Brooks or anyone else declares for the draft Altman's first call will be to McCoy.
That game-winning block was definitely goaltending though ;)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Good recap by Nemec of the reviews that Brown and McCoy got for their play last night.

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... iver_index